Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: Foster is sorry for Aberdeen FC row

RICHARD Foster has delivered an apology to Aberdeen FC manager Jimmy Calderwood in an attempt to save his Dons career.

“I realise I was in the wrong,†said Foster.

The Evening Express revealed on February 23 that Aberdeen FC defender Foster was axed from their SPL clash with Dundee United for speaking out of turn to Calderwood during training.

Foster was frozen out for their next two games before making a brief appearance as a substitute in last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup.

That sparked speculation that Foster could be shipped out by the Dons in the summer. The 23-year-old has reduced the chances of that happening by telling Calderwood he was right to axe him from his first team plans.

Foster said: “I fully respect the manager for what he did and I realise I was in the wrong.

“You try to learn from your mistakes, I went in to see the manager and we had a chat.

“He said he was glad I went to see him after everything that had gone on. He told me he wants me to stay at the club and I have no reason to think otherwise.

“I still have a contract, so I intend to stay.â€

Foster had been warned on several previous occasions for expressing his opinions in the wrong way.

Foster said: “People have disagreements.

“But I realise if you have disagreements with the wrong person you won’t be in the team.

“If I look at it from another player’s point of view and see Foster expressing his opinion again and again, I can see why I shouldn’t be picked.

“It’s over and done with now, though. I’m working hard in training and hoping I can do enough to get back into the team because we have important games coming up.

“It’s been difficult going in on a Saturday seeing the boys getting ready for games and knowing I wouldn’t be involved.â€

Foster, bizarrely, blames national newspapers’ coverage of the bust-up for adding to his problems, despite the fact he had been axed four days before we revealed what had happened.

Foster said: “It was all blown up in the papers.

“Things happen at clubs all the time, but the papers made a big thing of it. They made it worse than it was.â€

Meanwhile, Foster put his row with Calderwood out of his mind this week by dropping in to the Kings Links Golf Centre to pick up tips from Aberdeen’s European Tour pro Richie Ramsay.

“You try to learn from your mistakes, I went in to see the manager and we had a chat.

“He said he was glad I went to see him after everything that had gone on.

I would have thought first team players were in daily contact with th manager  ???

“But I realise if you have disagreements with the wrong person you won’t be in the team.

So he is not saying he was wrong in any way, just he chose the wrong person  ???

Foster, bizarrely, blames [glow=red,2,300]national[/glow] newspapers’ coverage of the bust-up for adding to his problems, despite the fact he had been axed four days before we revealed what had happened.

Don't think he was meaning the EE then  :-\