Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Long term lack of bite

After another weak midfield performance this weekend I was wondering if we'll ever sign a midfielder with some kahuna's. I think it's time we had someone who can control a game ( and put boot in ). Since the biscuit boy left we've had a serious lack of bollocks and I don't understand why JC doesn't move to change this. Any suggestions where we could get a hard case that would let our 10 stone team play football around him??

I would say Kerr is getting in about it quite well at the moment. The problem with the midfield is a lack of guts when it comes to having a go in regards to shooting.

The nail has been hit on the head, written invitations required to have a go, something seve was doing regularly a couple of seasons ago. Still like a psycho though to shout at them for not having the knackers to shoot

Oh how I miss the days of Bisco being in midfield but I do think our midfield is generally ok. Maybe gets bullied out of the game sometimes but the only real criticism I have is that they don't try to shoot far enough. I think McDonald is the only one who tries to shoot regularly. Mind you, even our strikers seem to be afraid of shooting at times.

I like kerr and mcdonald but they dont fit the above criteria, closest we have to that onthe park at the moment is diamond, We never really replaced stevie tosh from the team, who granted wasnt the best or most gifted player to grace the turf but he made up for it in effort and his on pitch attitude.

We do need a team captain.

I like kerr and mcdonald but they dont fit the above criteria, closest we have to that onthe park at the moment is diamond, We never really replaced stevie tosh from the team, who granted wasnt the best or most gifted player to grace the turf but he made up for it in effort and his on pitch attitude.

We do need a team captain.

What did you do with Stoney? Has his account been hacked? Speaking far too much sense  ;)

I don't think strong charactors really fit with JC's ethos.  He's always in the papers saying his players are too quiet (which we all agree with) but then any that are too vocal in their opinions when things aren't going well are shown the door.

That's just my opinion from an outside perspective of course, so it could all be very different behind the scenes.

Too be honest I don't think our midfield is that bad and with Smith coming back we should be able to stretch the play and give them a bit more room in the middle.  It certainly seems a lot more balanced with two men on the wing who can pin the opposition out there.