Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Stadium

Guest innesciver

Guest At The Border Guy

I know close to bugger all about this actually.  What's the background??

Full extent of my knowledge is:  Council might build a stadium where the driving range is, and flats on Pittodrie.  Dons might rent it off them.

Whose idea is it, and how likely is it to happen??

no change

still a pipe dream and afc have no realistic back up plan for when the council tell us (rightly) to fuck off

Why rightly?

Abit of forward planning and vision and a Community stadium could be of great benefit to Aberdeen as a whole. Football, Rugby, Athletics, Training Facilities, Gyms, and you could also incorporate many other leisure facilities with a bit of forward planning. Bowling, cinemas, etc.

Can anyone tell me what our current training facillities are? If you can call them facillities that is..

I don't know if a new stadium complex would incorporate this, but after thinking about our rivals it just concerns me slightly that we're falling behind. The Old Firm are sorted, Hearts and Falkirk have deals allowing them access to excellent uni facillities, Hibs are building their own... That means we're now on a level field with Dun Utd, M'well and Killie. Not where we want to be.

I thought we had something in the pipeline with Aberdeen Uni? Anyone know anything or is this issue taking a back seat within the walls of pittodrie?

Haven't we got a finger in this new fandagled pie that is being built ontop of the Chris Anderson Stadium? I was lead to believe that the Dons would be major contributors to the project under the pretence that the Dons would get priority use of the indoor training facitilities there.

Guest innesciver

Garscube is just an astro pitch though. played there myself when i was at glasgow uni. Hardly a decent facility, especially when its in glasgow and not kilmarnock.

If I was a killie fan i'd not be happy with that arrangement.

I Work in the science park at Garscube.  The too Astro pitches have been re-surfaced and the Gym upgraded.  There are 2 full size grass pitches beside the full size astro.  My work is right beside this.  I can't see anything else Killie would need.  The pitches are excellent to play on.