Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

When was the last time...

we got a penalty at Parkhead or Ibrox?

I'm really struggling to think of when these were.  Got a vague recollection of Joe Miller scoring a pen at Ibrox circa 94 in a League Cup quarter final which we lost in extra time, but not convinced it was a penalty he scored.  I can't remember any others there, even the goals Jim Bett scored for us there weren't penalties!

As for Parkhead, I remember Gillhaus missing one in 89, but can't remember any since. Surely we've had another penalty there in 20 years...? Surely!

I know we got a freekick after a passback about ten years ago. Jess took the freekick from about 4 yards out and netted. But I cannae mind who the keeper was. Pretty sure it was post-Goram and pre-Klos. Dibble? When was he there? What about Charbonnier?

That was at Pittodrie though.

I was sure that one was a free kick and not a pen, prob wrong though.

Theres youtube footage of that game

Havent seen it for a while but I think it was a penalty

I think the last penalty at ibrox was the league cup quarter final 1993

Id only just taken an interest in football and my dad spent ages fixing the hi fi aerial so i could get the sportsound coverage (MW in the west highlands is pisH0

Game kicked off and the commentator started with the usual stats and after about 10seconds it was PENALTY FOR RANGERS

Of course the fuckers scored it but in the 2nd half in our usual strong comebacks from the period of time we were awarded a penalty

Joe miller scored it and the game went to extra time and Ian Ferguson got the winner for them.

So thats going on 15.5years unless someone can remember a more recent one

IN the run up to the great escape of 1994/95 we were 2-0 down at Ibrox and got it back to 2-2 by halftime (eventually losing 3-2). Was one of them not a penalty? I think shearer and dodds scored the goals.

Ooh ooh! Think you might be right. Probably about 1997-ish. Dobbin scored the first, if I remember rightly. Unbelievably ... Snelders was in goals for the huns in that match!

I've tried to look it up but got drivel when i googled it and afc website only goes back to 2001.  Im not going on the hun website

Hmmmm. Maybe that game wasn't a penalty afterall. I googled "rangers aberdeen irvine dodds" and one result shows both goals came from open play for the Dons, with Irvine scoring from a volley and Dodds netting after a knockdown from one of the huns.

Gazza played, but there were debates regarding whether he'd play or not cos it was just after the allegations of his wife-beating shenanigans were made public.

actually, just checking through some matches, it appears that Soccerbase does actually noted penalties by placing a (p) next to the scorer and time.

Needless to say, I've gone right back to 1994 and still can't find any Aberdeen penalties at either Ibrox or Parkhead. The matches prior to 1994 don't have any details on the scorers.

There's PLENTY of Celtic and Rangers penalties, though! Ranging from Gascoigne and Negri to Larsson and Weighorst.

actually, just checking through some matches, it appears that Soccerbase does actually noted penalties by placing a (p) next to the scorer and time.

Needless to say, I've gone right back to 1994 and still can't find any Aberdeen penalties at either Ibrox or Parkhead. The matches prior to 1994 don't have any details on the scorers.

There's PLENTY of Celtic and Rangers penalties, though! Ranging from Gascoigne and Negri to Larsson and Weighorst.

Just because we didn't score a penalty doesn't mean that we weren't awarded one though and those wouldn't be listed.

What a novel idea!

;D

We definitely scored a pen against Rangers in 1994, but it was home in the league and yes you guessed right Bobby Biscuit. It was Doddsy  :thumbsup:

And no doubt it went like a bullet into the net as "Doddsy" contorted his body into a fashion that no footballer should ever do whilst sticking his tongue out the side of his mouth...