Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Striking options against St Mirren

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've gone for Miller and Mackie. Miller will come good for us I think, just a blip and Mackie - if he's going to play - has to play through the middle, not out wide.

My sentiments too.

Aside from this game, Aluko and a fit Smith have to come into the reckoning for playing up front if our so called strikers can't score.

Get Wright up front with Mackie!

Agree with palying Wright and Mackie up front for this one to see how they go and to give Miller a kick up the arse. Not saying this will work actually suspect it will fail miserably but if it has to be seen to fail to convince people that these two need moved on then so be it.

Agree with palying Wright and Mackie up front for this one to see how they go and to give Miller a kick up the arse. Not saying this will work actually suspect it will fail miserably but if it has to be seen to fail to convince people that these two need moved on then so be it.

This bit I agree with.  :thumbsup:

This bit I agree with.  :thumbsup:

Should have added I hope desperately to be proved wrong. I would rather that they formed a leathal strike partnership that brings the club 20 goals between now and the end of the season. Just cannot see it.

i would have aluko n wright up front with the new signing tucking in behind them

in a 4-3-1-2 formation

got to play our so-called flair players as the pitch must be in a good condition with it being new etc

in fact scrap the above i would have the new signing on the right and aluko on the left with wright n mackie up front

so its a 4-4-2 with the wide men pushing forward in an exciting positive attacking formation.

in saying that it will be a 0-0 snoozefest ::)

nah, I disagree - Aluko isnae a forward. Definitely better running at defences from a bit deeper. Would be good to see him having more shots though.

I've been saying this for years though - Aberdeen never shoot enough.

When do ye ever see long range efforts just to test their keeper?

We hardly ever even see a shot from outside the box.

There's not many good keepers in the league, there are plenty poor keepers. They should be tested.

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

:clap::penalty:

Totally agree with everything said there.

this would be my starting line up for  st's game

clangers

vidal, mair, zander, foster

kerr, seve, mulgrew

aluko           

mackie, wright

Logic behind this is that a mulgrew is looking shaky at the back but he's a good passer and obviously his set pieces are a real weapon. Also he is more than adept playing in midfield, he played many games there for utd. I'd rather have foster at LB when all is said and done, he's not outstanding

there but is reasonably solid and has the pace to get him out of trouble.  Aluko would have a free role behind the strikers.