Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

De Visscher signs!

Guest At The Border Guy

Guest At The Border Guy

Two year contract.  If he's as good as I've read he is, then I'm looking forward to seeing him play!  :thumbsup:

Guest innesciver

Sounds like a very decent signing by all accounts.  Has the big Striker, Flik, turned us down???  I heard the other day that he had agreed to come after speaking to jimmy but its all gone quiet.

Guest Chris

Still no word on Flik but i can't help feeling its Katongo all over again just using us for publicity then he will try and get a deal somewhere else.

Hope i'm wrong mind you.

On a completely unrelated topic i did notice that Katonga is playing for Brondby these days.  I wonder if Ebbe had anything to do about that?  Surely he still reads the EE.

0,,10284~3279947,00.jpg

_42987221_jeffrey_de_visscher203i.jpg

0,,10284~3280327,00.jpg

Aberdeen have signed the Dutch winger Jeffrey de Visscher from De Graafschap on a free transfer.

The 26-year-old right-sided player passed a medical before putting pen to paper on a two-year contract.

De Visscher scored 10 goals in a successful season for De Graafschap as they won the Dutch second division.

Dons manager Jimmy Calderwood is also hoping to add striker Robert Fik from WKE in Holland as he prepares for Uefa Cup football next season.

De Visscher, a former Holland Under-21 international, scored 10 goals and claimed 11 assists in 37 appearances as De Graafschap won the Dutch second division, the Jupiler League, by 12 points.

He previously played for FC Twente and Heracles Almelo, and joins the Dons on a free transfer after turning down a new contract with De Graafschap.

"We've been accused of lacking a bit of flair at times, despite making it to the Uefa Cup," Calderwood told the Evening Express.

"De Visscher is certainly capable of putting that right."

Calderwood - who has already signed defenders Lee Mair and Jackie McNamara for next term - believes that de Visscher is the wide player he had been desperate to land.

The 26-year-old winger helped his side to the Dutch second division title and promotion to the 'Eredivisie.'

"Jeffrey normally plays on the right, but can do a great job on either wing because he is very direct and causes full-backs all sorts of problems," he added.

"He also scores goals, he got 10 for his club last season, so I'm sure he will help to raise the entertainment level.

"The arrival of De Visscher will also allow me to use Jamie Smith in a more central role or even push him further forward.

"It gives us the chance to be far more flexible when it comes to putting opposing defences under pressure."

Striker Fik is a former Dutch youth international who dropped down to amateur level because of personal problems, according to Calderwood.

"People may be a bit sceptical because Fik is coming in from amateur football at the age of 26," the Dons boss went on.

"But the amateur leagues in Holland are different to the ones here.

"Fik was also being chased by a host of other clubs because he was one of the most highly rated young players over there.

"I had no hesitation in offering him a full-time contract because he is determined to rekindle his career and will be a real handful for defenders in the SPL."

Aberdeen already have Dutchman Karim Touzani - who recently signed a new two-year deal - in their squad.

Guest severininho

He's certainly being hyped up by the EE and Calderwood, he had a very good record for Graafschap and the level of play in the Dutch second division is probably pretty decent I would guess, compared to the standard in the SPL so he he sounds like a good acquisition - looking forward to seeing him play  :thumbsup:

Guest andythedandy

Thankfully what seem like QUALUTY signings are in early - no scrambling about days before the start of the season after the usual empty promises. Hope this guy lives up to the hype .First post this , so hi y`all.

Thankfully what seem like QUALUTY signings are in early - no scrambling about days before the start of the season after the usual empty promises. Hope this guy lives up to the hype .First post this , so hi y`all.

Welcome to the board Andy

and welcome to the good ship AFC Jeffrey :thumbsup:

Guest bouleyloon

I was watching the RedsTV interview with God, at the 25th Anniversary press call. He was saying because Flik is an amateur at WKE hopefully going to be a professional at the Dons, they have to do an extensive search to make sure no clubs have a claim on him.

Basically if he goes pro we don't want to be paying anyone money for him. He said this could take a wee time to make sure.