Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Man of the match v Utd

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aluko, no question at all.

Maguire was okay but Severin, Mair, Kerr, Vidal all had better games.

Diamond, Mulgrew and Miller had poor games.

Hahaha that is absolutely hilarious. He was fucking awful today. Wrong decision every time he had the ball. Got quite a lot of laughter from everyone around me when he was named MOTM.

Maguire for me, followed by Kerr and Severin.

Hahaha that is absolutely hilarious. He was fucking awful today. Wrong decision every time he had the ball. Got quite a lot of laughter from everyone around me when he was named MOTM.

Maguire for me, followed by Kerr and Severin.

I honestly thought Aluko was man of the match, constantly taking players on and putting good balls in, and tracking back and winning balls.

No way was Maguire man of the match, his choice of crosses was abysmal.

I honestly thought Aluko was man of the match, constantly taking players on and putting good balls in, and tracking back and winning balls.

Maguire, who played in a great cross which was just ahead of Miller - he gets hassle from the wankers in the RDL.

Aluko, plays in a pretty poor cross, which is cleared against Severin and we score - putting good balls in. Aluko played like he had ran into brick walls all week at training. Far too much is expected of the guy and he didn't deliver at all today.

Think I remember Aluko tracking back once today, where as Maguire put in a power of work and made a lot of great tackles that stopped utd breaking forward.

Kerr for me. He was industrious, passed well and didn't seem to do much wrong. A solid performance. :thumbsup:

Miller was ok (unlucky not to score with his effort of the crossbar), and linked up well with Maguire and Aluko who both had decent games. Aluko tried to attack the Utd defence, but held the ball for far too long when the easier option was to pass - he's capable of so much better than what he showed today.

Maguire deserved his start after his midweek performance, and worked very hard. Impressed with his chasing down of the ball and he managed to do it about 3 times in the first 15 mins.

Mulgrew and Diamond have had better games. Some really poor decision making from the pair of them, that ultimately led to the Utd goals. Not sure if Diamond was fully fit, not that it matters: his brain should still be working. Mulgrew didn't put in a tackle all afternoon and I have no idea how he let his man past at the line for their 2nd. Good cross for Zanders goal but not much else.

Overall, a good performance in a match which we dominated but we deserved no more than a point for terrible defensive errors.

The ref, assistant refs and 4th official can all fuck off. Terrible 'performance' from these clowns.

Kerr for me. He was industrious, passed well and didn't seem to do much wrong. A solid performance. :thumbsup:

Miller was ok (unlucky not to score with his effort of the crossbar), and linked up well with Maguire and Aluko who both had decent games. Aluko tried to attack the Utd defence, but held the ball for far too long when the easier option was to pass - he's capable of so much better than what he showed today.

Maguire deserved his start after his midweek performance, and worked very hard. Impressed with his chasing down of the ball and he managed to do it about 3 times in the first 15 mins.

Mulgrew and Diamond have had better games. Some really poor decision making from the pair of them, that ultimately led to the Utd goals. Not sure if Diamond was fully fit, not that it matters: his brain should still be working. Mulgrew didn't put in a tackle all afternoon and I have no idea how he let his man past at the line for their 2nd. Good cross for Zanders goal but not much else.

Overall, a good performance in a match which we dominated but we deserved no more than a point for terrible defensive errors.

The ref, assistant refs and 4th official can all fuck off. Terrible 'performance' from these clowns.

Was almost in total agreement with you until the part in bold. istakes or not we absolutely battered them.

Mulgrew should have hit Caddis in the first 5 mins, rather than let him run at him the whole game. Was glad they took him off because whilst not having the best of games, he was still being allowed time on the ball to pick out passes.

EDIT: Also forgot Mackie was on. Think the game was screaming for wright to come on and batter and bruise the fading Utd defence.

I actually agree with all of that. Kerr was my choice. I thought Maguire played well all over the park, but wouldn't say he was my MOTM.

Diamond had a bad game, and I thought Seve has had better.

Just watched the game on BBC Alba Kow, and I definitely think we were at different games.

Seve and Kerr for me, Kerr edging it. Maguire had a good game, Diamond and Mulgrew had total abortions, Miller was way below the high standards he has set this season and has been for a few games. We were light years ahead of that mob and yet again we have created our own problems, we could and probably should have hammered them but we keep gifting United goals.

Severin, without a shadow of a doubt.

Also, i've suspected for a while that Charlie isn't that great a player, and he showed it again today, his free-kick for the goal was good, but for every decent dead ball he plays in, we seem to have 10 or more bad ones?

I'd like to take some time to praise Maguire too, he actually looked like a really good player for once, which was nice.

And finally, stand up Mr. Jimmy Calderwood, yesterday you played a 4-4-2, with (almost) every player in their correct position and we looked a brilliant team at times, excellent stuff.

Just watched the game on BBC Alba Kow, and I definitely think we were at different games.

Yeah, what game were you at?  ;)

Scotland on Sunday reporter thought the same as me!  :thumbsup:

But to be fair, its good that they were some pretty good performances throughout the team, despite the scoreline.

Best game in a red shirt for Maguire, let's hope he can get some consistency and keep this up.  As well as his haranguing of Utd, he did some very good work off the ball and got into some great shooting positions.  Tailed off a bit in the second half when moved out wide but then again, it's vindication of the work he did through the middle.  Aluko for all his good work on the ball didn't put in any good final balls and that was symptomatic of the fact that for all the pressure and possession we had, we never managed to break Utd down from open play.  That in itself is the single most concerning issue for Aberdeen FC this season, we've had to rely far too often on scoring from set pieces.

Severin, without a shadow of a doubt.

Also, i've suspected for a while that Charlie isn't that great a player, and he showed it again today, his free-kick for the goal was good, but for every decent dead ball he plays in, we seem to have 10 or more bad ones?

I'd like to take some time to praise Maguire too, he actually looked like a really good player for once, which was nice.

And finally, stand up Mr. Jimmy Calderwood, yesterday you played a 4-4-2, with (almost) every player in their correct position and we looked a brilliant team at times, excellent stuff.

not convinced mulgrew is any way cut out to be a full back.  His height seems to be a hindrance to him when he's up against midget wide players.  Ideally i think he is best suited in a central mid position