Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Just watched the game highlights again

Just finished watching the 2-0 game highlights again, only this time full volume.

I still cannae get over how loud Pittodrie was when Seve and Lovell's goals went in. Unbelievable. I've never heard an SPL ground sound like that before! If only we could fill Pittodrie more often, it definitely help our cause. The players must've got such a huge lift knowing they had 17000 fans right behind them for the whole match (and before anyone says "but it was a sell-out", I'm taking into consideration that one or two of the 20,000 fans at the game were huns.

Gotta say that it was thundering on the highlites.  I love that the feeling created there has managed to find its way across the pond to Toronto FC's BMO Field.  What rocks is that almost the whole stadium bounces like the RDS.

Reekie, if a Canadian Vacation is offered your way, you gotta come check this out!

Guest Elgin Red

Our away support is tremendous and if we could take that passion , and pro rata numbers into the home games I honestly think that we wouldn't be sitting biting our nails at the end of games against the likes of Motherwell , Caley , Falkirk etc etc due to the lift that the players would get and help them play like they did with a full backing against The Blue Nose individuals. I know that they get paid heaps and it shouldn't matter , ..... but it does and it would also free up some coppers for JC to play with like all the other managers seem to be able to find up at our end of the league.

It would also help the opposition freeze if the atmosphere is a wee bit more intimidating cos at the moment the away support can be heard more than us.

I've sat in the South Stand for the last 4 years but was in the RDS for the Hun game , thinking of moving Season Ticket now tho cos the atmosphere was just bouncing.

Hats off to the Loyals , but where did all the fans come from who should have been there for the Hibs and Kilmarnock home games when we were playing for Europe ......... 

I still reckon the club would do well to move the away fans to a different stand. Perhaps move them to the Merkland and free up the entire South Stand for the home fans. Biggest problem is the bulk of the vocal fans are situated in the RDS Upper. By the time the noise gets to the pitch, it's all but faded out. And by the time the voices and songs get to the corner of the South Stand, they've all but gone. It's awesome when the South pipes up with a song, as the South and RDS try to mimic each other. But there's too much of a gap between the two, and they end up completely out of time with each other.

Shove the away fans in the Merkland, and you've got the two most vocal sections of the home support right next to each other. Crank up the atmosphere at Pittodrie, and you'll soon find opposition teams starting to suffer as a result.

I still reckon the club would do well to move the away fans to a different stand. Perhaps move them to the Merkland and free up the entire South Stand for the home fans. Biggest problem is the bulk of the vocal fans are situated in the RDS Upper. By the time the noise gets to the pitch, it's all but faded out. And by the time the voices and songs get to the corner of the South Stand, they've all but gone. It's awesome when the South pipes up with a song, as the South and RDS try to mimic each other. But there's too much of a gap between the two, and they end up completely out of time with each other.

Shove the away fans in the Merkland, and you've got the two most vocal sections of the home support right next to each other. Crank up the atmosphere at Pittodrie, and you'll soon find opposition teams starting to suffer as a result.

That happens in the RDS too, all the time! Between the left side, left central, and the right side!