Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Just Home From the Match

Very very poor today but two players who stood out as "awful" were richard foster and darren mackie.Darren mackie just runs about and contributes nothing to the team,whenever he does get the ball his first touch is woeful and its just a shame that the best chances we have had in the last two games have fallen to this loser.I dont know if anyone has noticed this but ninety nine times out of a hundred when mackie is one on one with the opposition goalkeeper the keeper will make a save?

Season after season we get stuck with this guy up front and the bad news is calderwood rates him! so much that he is willing to offer him a new deal and a "testimonial"

Well i tell you what jimmy you are about to set a new record! the record for the lowest ever crowd at a testimonial because i dont know any fan who rates him enough to spend money on a pay day for him.

Its time the fans showed their dis-satisfaction at the constant selection of this so called striker and maybe booing him everytime he touches the ball would let jimmy know just how much we DONT want him wearing the red of aberdeen.

As for foster ? the guy has trouble passing to one of his own team mates so what more can i say about him

MACKIE AND FOSTER OUT NOW.

I agree, Mackie and Foster should have been no-where near the starting line up today, however, do you think maybe, just maybe, JC thought he would give them a chance to correct their wrong doings by putting in a good performance? Granted, neither of them did, but just a thought like. I was raging as the next to see them still on the team sheet but this is what I expect from JC. Confusion. Or, unpredictable pre game "excitement" (I use the word very loosely), in that you actually never know (or in this always know) who is going to be on the team sheet.

As BB said on the other thread, it would be highly typical of JC tenure, for us to actually get a result and our man "Dazza" to score the winner.

I felt we controlled the majority of the game and dominated Falkirk without really coming out of 2nd gear. Trouble is that meant we never looked like putting the game away either. I thought most of the team played pedestrian football without playing badly (inc Mackie and Foster), Seve was the only player I saw who performed well. I was disappointed that Aluko didn't play from the start as it seemed the kind of game where he would have caused a lot of damage had he been on the field. I really don't get that decision  ???

Yes it was a lost opportunity but on the plus side we lost no ground and the next two games are against our immediate rivals. Roll on....

I think the "anger" some people have over Mackie getting a testimonial is getting out of hand. He's been at the club for 10 years, therefore he is due a testimonial. Get over it. How many people stay at one club that long these days?

The ones that are so bad other clubs don't want them.  :thumbsup:

I agree with what your saying he has been there 10 years and has scored some important goals.

Yeah, I forgot how nobody wanted Anderson.

I think he was joking ;) Also, I'm sure most Dons fans wouldn't begrudge Mackie his testimonial, as afterall he is one of us and under JC has scored some critical and enjoyable goals. Yes we know he is pish and should be better, but fair play to him, he must do something right in the team to warrant being at the club for so long.  :thumbsup:

I think the "anger" some people have over Mackie getting a testimonial is getting out of hand. He's been at the club for 10 years, therefore he is due a testimonial. Get over it. How many people stay at one club that long these days?

Well indeed. But then, maybe his fan club should also get a fucking grip then? 

I will not sully the guy's testimonial, he's a dandy but fuck me he is fucking bad. 

he is due fuck all he has been at the club about 2 or 3 well paid contracts too long his goal record is terrible

one season 15 goals the best fuck sake lets have a change and move on

As i have said before the reason i think JC is not a good manager is because he rates Mackie when every man and his dog knows he is mince.

A striker dont make me laugh no wonder he has been at aberdeen for so long

As i have said before the reason i think JC is not a good manager is because he rates Mackie when every man and his dog knows he is mince.

A striker dont make me laugh no wonder he has been at aberdeen for so long

What r ur thots on Kennie MILLER M8 LOL?

Blimey, while I agree, have you been drinking?

I wouldnt go to a darren mackie testimonial if you actually paid me to go,yes he did score the winning goal in dnipro but thats what he is PAID to do.

I seriously cant understand the guys that come on here and back him up,are you watching the games?

Are you watching the terrible first touch

Are you watching the ratio of missed chance compared to goals? ie. last min against rangers and yesterday against falkirk

No you guys are watching the loser run,YEAH he can run about like a headless chicken but so can my 5 year old nephew.

MACKIE AND FOSTER OUT NOW

I wouldnt go to a darren mackie testimonial if you actually paid me to go,yes he did score the winning goal in dnipro but thats what he is PAID to do.

I seriously cant understand the guys that come on here and back him up,are you watching the games?

Are you watching the terrible first touch

Are you watching the ratio of missed chance compared to goals? ie. last min against rangers and yesterday against falkirk

No you guys are watching the loser run,YEAH he can run about like a headless chicken but so can my 5 year old nephew.

MACKIE AND FOSTER OUT NOW

Yes we are watching the matches and yes we are frustrated by the limitations of players like Mackie but the knee jerk bullshit that rockets in and out of the minds of so many dons fans when our form takes a dip is staggering at times. The posters on here who you suggest 'back him up' are not dillusional about his abilities, they are pragmatic and realistic with their expectations of him and often feel the need to re-balance the extreme viewpoints of posters like yourself who tackle the issue with a distinct lack of maturity and class. Calm yourself down and look at the big picture.

Yes we are watching the matches and yes we are frustrated by the limitations of players like Mackie but the knee jerk bullshit that rockets in and out of the minds of so many dons fans when our form takes a dip is staggering at times. The posters on here who you suggest 'back him up' are not dillusional about his abilities, they are pragmatic and realistic with their expectations of him and often feel the need to re-balance the extreme viewpoints of posters like yourself who tackle the issue with a distinct lack of maturity and class. Calm yourself down and look at the big picture.

8)

I am not a Mackie 'fan', despite my username, but ajja's sensible post summed it up for me. He's not a worldbeater, never will be, but he does a job for us to the best of his (limited) abilities. And after 10 years at the club, if he gets a testimonial, then it's only right we support our team and our players.

Booing him? Get a grip.

(And I wasn't drinking - just fed up with some people's attitudes on here!)

How can it be a knee jerk reaction to be honest Mackie has not been good enough for a long time now

What annoys me is i think we have the makings of a good team if we replaced maybe one or two players and unfortunatly in my opinion Mackie is one of them..

Aye, it was Mackie's fault, the only one to blame. Jesus wept. Lee Miller was a total abortion yesterday as were Foster, Vidal, McDonald and Mair! Leaving aside the poor tactics.

Disappointed you thought Vidal was "a total abortion" too yesterday TF, as I thought he looked promising when he came on v huns last week. Appeared to have footie intelligence, kept ball and passed well.

I wasn't at game yesterday, nor heard on radio, I'm only commenting on what I saw last week

The main problem on Saturday was our tactics.  We were far too narrow and never looked like finding our way through or round their oap collective in the back 5.

They created the only decent chances (1 or 2) of the game and took one.

I understand JC has accepted that his 352/532 pish was at fault on saturday, just a shame he didn't change things at the time, other than to randomly throw "strikers" on to the park. 

Obviously a real opportunity missed with hearts and united losing.  Just need to make sure we beat the pair of them.

Perhaps we are going to have accept a couple of performances like this every now and then given the quality of the squad.  Maybe that was a Hamilton game again.  Then a rotten one goal win over East Fife (Alloa) followed by a decent, if slightly lucky away win at Tyncastle (Killie) followed by a hammering of United (celtic) at Pittodrie.  :thumbsup:

The main problem on Saturday was our tactics.  We were far too narrow and never looked like finding our way through or round their oap collective in the back 5.

They created the only decent chances (1 or 2) of the game and took one.

I understand JC has accepted that his 352/532 pish was at fault on saturday, just a shame he didn't change things at the time, other than to randomly throw "strikers" on to the park. 

Obviously a real opportunity missed with hearts and united losing.  Just need to make sure we beat the pair of them.

Perhaps we are going to have accept a couple of performances like this every now and then given the quality of the squad.  Maybe that was a Hamilton game again.  Then a rotten one goal win over East Fife (Alloa) followed by a decent, if slightly lucky away win at Tyncastle (Killie) followed by a hammering of United (celtic) at Pittodrie.   :thumbsup:

:lolabove: Loving that logic mate, loving it.