Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Time we got our seats back?!

What with the poor entertainment on offer at times on Saturday, it got me thinking a bit (dangerous, I know!)

Out of the last 4 times Rangers have been up here, 3 of them have been sell-outs, which clearly shows there's demand from our fans to go to this fixture more than ever, so surely now would be as good a time as any to stake our claim back on Section S & T in the South Stand.

They've had it for as long as i've been going to Pittodrie, but only recently have these games been sell-outs. I'm not for a second suggesting we do it for Celtic games, as that'd just be financial suicide.

But, what with their 5% tax on ticket prices, and our tiny allocation at Ibrox, even though we have by far the biggest travelling support in the country (Ugly sisters excluded) maybe this would be a good time to make the move- a bit of revenge if you like?

Of course there's a small chance that we can't sell them and they refuse to take them, but i'm sure we could easily distrubute them like Falkirk or Hibs in one of the papers, or there's plenty of Hun supporters clubs in the North East who i'm sure would take them off our hands?

When those damn Huns started singing "You're only here to see Rangers" My thoughts were, firstly, NO! And secondly, surely when we played Hearts 3 weeks ago there were more Dons fans in Pittodrie than there were against Rangers?!

Also, most importantly, my ST Seat in in Section S  :thumbsup:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

* I can only apologise for the lack of proper structure in this post, however my mind is frazzled, I just finished an exam (badly!)

I'd love to agree with you Dave, if that kind of turnout was likely all the time it would be an easy decision. If we can sell the tickets then absolutely, fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Trouble is, a wee stumble in the league and the fickle nature of dons fans re-emerges, that and cash ain't plentiful just now in general, makes it difficult to knock back 4 thousand filled seats, regardless of what kind of filth we're filling them with.

It is a bit frustrating having a season ticket in Block T to have to get a seperate ticket for games against the OF and be forced to have a worse view because of it, particularly when against Rangers Aberdeen don't need to give them the extra allocation.

As you pointed out there were more Aberdeen fans at the Hearts game than the Rangers game despite the latter being a sell-out. They give us a small allocation at Ibrox so why shouldn't we return the favour and give them the usual allocation when they come up?

I'd love to agree with you Dave, if that kind of turnout was likely all the time it would be an easy decision. If we can sell the tickets then absolutely, fuck them and the horse they rode in on.

Trouble is, a wee stumble in the league and the fickle nature of dons fans re-emerges, that and cash ain't plentiful just now in general, makes it difficult to knock back 4 thousand filled seats, regardless of what kind of filth we're filling them with.

The exact spot on correct answer. A few 'meaningful' fixtures in recent times are not a guiding principal for decision making, commercial acumen and massive debt however.........