Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Yeah though this isn't entirely a problem only at AFC.

True. Only got to look at Huns. A few years back they had 9 or 10 players in U17 squad and of them only Fleck (who was playing above his age level) has made it anywhere near the first team. Was just pointing out that we have had this sort of numbers before at this level and nothing has come of it.

True. Only got to look at Huns. A few years back they had 9 or 10 players in U17 squad and of them only Fleck (who was playing above his age level) has made it anywhere near the first team. Was just pointing out that we have had this sort of numbers before at this level and nothing has come of it.

That was prior to George Adams getting the boot wasn't it?

Obviously it should be easier for our young players to make the step up than it is for the Huns.

Birds, booze and some cash in their hipper. It all comes way too easy nowadays. Hopefully this lot have the necessary to want it enough.

OK that's one who went on to bigger if not perhaps better things... did he leave or was he pushed though? I'm nae sure. And that was before we did bring some of our own youth through.

How many AFC youth players have gone onto bigger and better things since guys like Anderson and MacNaughton broke through - nae that many, if any, but they all seem to say it's because they didn't get their chance. I would say it's cos they weren't good enough.

In a few years we will see the product of the youth system coming through again like we did when the team went through it's early cutbacks in the Ebbe years. I'm fairly certain of that as long as we can keep building the club and getting Europe and consistent league finishes and hopefully a Cup win

We never actually had him. Scouted him and said he was too small.

I reckon this "too small" nonsense is made up by kids who are gutted not to have been taken on by us, it sounds like pish to me. One of my friends is friends with that Paul Coutts boy and told me that story last week.

Thats your opinion but I know of plenty talented footballers who unfortunately were too small to play at professional standard, up and down the leagues. Also know people who were bluntly told they weren't good enough.

Thats your opinion but I know of plenty talented footballers who unfortunately were too small to play at professional standard, up and down the leagues. Also know people who were bluntly told they weren't good enough.

Well the players would obviously have to be small too, if they were 6 foot the story would sound a bit suss. But if you're good enough, you can make it. Jamie Smith is a midget and he's a good player who happens to have injury problems, Barry Nic isn't a big guy...I'm sure you can think of plenty too.

Well the players would obviously have to be small too, if they were 6 foot the story would sound a bit suss. But if you're good enough, you can make it. Jamie Smith is a midget and he's a good player who happens to have injury problems, Barry Nic isn't a big guy...I'm sure you can think of plenty too.

Yeah but they never came through our youth system. I understand what your saying, I just know people who have beenpunted for those reasons.

they call that premature ejaculation.

I hope they only get a chance to show what they are made of (f)" if they are good enough, and as long as they don't get a run out in a game just for the hell of it.

Every point matters in this league and if we swap in a youngster and lose points, it will be as damaging to Aberdeen's ambitions as it is to his own, especially when fuckin idiots like Stoney get on his back booing and saying he's shite before 10 minutes are up.

Big Stoney knows.