Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Is Calderwood Away ?

I noticed in a few pre-match and post match interviews that when jimmy was asked about the utrecht and norwich speculation he refused to comment,this surely is indication that he is off ?

You need to head to AFC Chat for more in depth analysis about JC going somewhere...

They'll be the same guys who were booing him for subbing Aluko and then singing his name 5 minutes later - especially the speccy wee cunt who sits in front of me in the upper RDS.

You know who you are.... ;)

You need to head to AFC Chat for more in depth analysis about JC going somewhere...

They'll be the same guys who were booing him for subbing Aluko and then singing his name 5 minutes later - especially the speccy wee cunt who sits in front of me in the upper RDS.

One znader diamond?

His mum is worth a ride apparently.

One znader diamond?

His mum is worth a ride apparently.

His younger brother is the harry potter look-a-like

I noticed in a few pre-match and post match interviews that when jimmy was asked about the utrecht and norwich speculation he refused to comment,this surely is indication that he is off ?

Last time he was up for contract negotiations (around about the January window) he was asked the same question which he gave the same answer to.  Turned out he wasn't even in the running and it was just a way to bump his pay cheque.

No point reading anything into these things and I'm utterly bewildered as to why interviewers bother to ask these questions.  Has anyone ever said "yeah I'm speaking with X/Y/Z behind my current employers back" live on air?

From BBC

Calderwood said: “I have aims to manage in England one day, but you have to get the chance to go there. It doesn’t happen to everybody. It would be nice to go down there eventually after doing what I want to do at Aberdeen, but there are a few things to be done here first.

“It is always flattering when you are linked with other clubs, but it would need to be something special to lure me away from Aberdeen.â€

The Dons manager insists there has been no approach from either club, but if he is to have a crack at managing in England he will have to take one soon.

He said: “I haven’t heard anything from Norwich although I have had calls from people in Holland who have heard about Utrecht, but no one has approached me.

“If we get into third place again and win the Scottish Cup it may be a different story, but right now I am happy here. They are two good clubs, but this is a good club as well and there are objectives still to be met here. It would be nice to get back into third place and we have given ourselves a chance.

BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/7839620.stm

Calderwood cools Dons exit talk

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood

Calderwood says he has had no official contact from Norwich or Utrecht

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood says he has not been approached by Norwich or FC Utrecht amid speculation linking him with a move from the Dons.

"I've heard nothing from Norwich officially. Someone phoned to tell me about odds going from 25-1 to 6-1 which is amazing," he told BBC Sport.

"In terms of FC Utrecht there have been a few calls, but that's more from agents than officially from the club."

Calderwood, 53, joined Aberdeen from Dunfermline in May 2004.

Norwich are searching for a new manager after sacking Glenn Roeder on 14 January.

Calderwood, who recently took charge of his 200th game with the Dons, is the longest serving manager at Pittodrie since Sir Alex Ferguson.

He has previous managerial experience in Holland with Willem II and FC Nijmegen and on Sunday guided the Dons to their first home league win over Celtic since 2001 to lift them to third in the table.

Calderwood said he was disappointed by the sporadic criticism he and his backroom staff have received since taking over at Pittodrie.

"We think we've done quite well and we had a wonderful season last year," he said.

We've all had criticism. Even Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan are getting it. It seems to be the way that it's going now

"We've always been in the top six, so it's been a little bit annoying."

Following Craig Brewster's sacking as Inverness manager, Calderwood said no SPL boss was immune to pressure or flak from their supporters.

"We've all had it. Even Walter Smith and Gordon Strachan are getting it. It just seems to be the way that it's going now," he said.

"You just have to accept it, as long as it stays away from the players. It's annoying, but it's better if we take it rather than the players."

"It's a wonderful club to work for, but sometimes our supporters seem to think we've got a divine right to be there.

"The boys are doing well and I can't fault them in any way."

In amongst the will he stay/go chat (hope he stays btw).. at least he's deflecting attention away from the players, which can only be a good thing.