Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Richie Byrne

Guest kilahun

Guest kilahun

Any news when he is due back and considering he is a obv favourite of JC and will more than likely find a place in the team where will he play? CB or LB?

I'm not sure that he is a defender/midfielder. This Ilford-based article seems to think otherwise:

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/content/r...

David described Jonathan as "a prolific striker" playing in junior football and his 19 goals helped Chigwell School win the Independent Schools' Championships but insisted he could not fathom out why the district or county never selected him.

Guest JCsredarmy

Byrne is one of the players that we should be looking to offload to make space for potential new signings. I have never seen anything useful in him(though good in footie manager, don't quite know how).

Cant pass, can't tackle, cant head, need i go on. Prob one of the reasons we did better this season was becasse foster is now at left back and byrne was injured

Guest kilahun

Byrne is one of the players that we should be looking to offload to make space for potential new signings. I have never seen anything useful in him(though good in footie manager, don't quite know how).

Cant pass, can't tackle, cant head, need i go on. Prob one of the reasons we did better this season was becasse foster is now at left back and byrne was injured

yip i agree totally but he seems to be a fav of JC and I cant see him letting him go.  He knocked back Dundee Utd request last season for him remember and i think they offered money

Guest JCsredarmy

quite true

hopefully with new players in he will slip down the pecking order. Cant see him playing in centre, even if rus does go, better players still there, and left back, foster has been imense this season.

I imagine one or two may be going, prob dan smith and donald already released, but we have lots of cover there now.