Hearts 6 3 2 1 6 4 11

Rangers 6 3 1 2 13 6 10

Hibernian 6 3 1 2 11 7 10

Kilmarnock 6 3 0 3 9 6 9

Hamilton 6 2 1 3 5 11 7

Inverness CT 6 1 0 5 5 13 3

Motherwell 6 1 0 5 4 13 3

Falkirk 6 0 1 5 4 11 1

Shit JC might get Manager of the Month....and we all know what happens to a nonOF team when they get that acollade.  I think we should start a campaign for Harry Potter or Gus McPherson to get it. 

Guest leith_red

Gus will get it as he is unlikely to have another opportunity.

Is that 4 wins in a row now ? Get in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/7804625.stm

St Mirren manager Gus MacPherson has been named top manager in the Scottish Premier League for December after a historic month for the Paisley club.

MacPherson's Clydesdale Bank manager of the month award comes after St Mirren won four SPL matches in a row for the first time.

The Buddies defeated Falkirk, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Kilmarnock and Hamilton Academical during December.

Those wins lifted St Mirren seven points clear of the relegation spot.

It is MacPherson's second Clydesdale Bank award this season, having been top boss during October.

The award comes days before St Mirren play their final game, with Motherwell the visitors, at their Love Street home before moving to a new stadium in nearby Greenhill Road.

MacPherson said: "I've been delighted with the current form.

"A lot was made of the poorer results we had in November, but we were happy with the performances.

"We felt we were playing pretty well, but we weren't getting the breaks at the right times.

"We were creating chances, but we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

"We have been able to do that in December and win games.

"We said, if we continued to play the way we were and show some consistency, we would win games and that has proven to be the case."

According to MacPherson, the reason for the change in form is simple.

"It's down to good players playing with confidence and having belief that what we were saying was correct," he said.

"They are an honest group and I always feel with players that you can't kid them on.

"We try to be as honest as we can with them and our assessment of their performances was good.

"They just had to try to add the finishing to their game and take the chances when they came along. They needed a bit of ruthlessness.

"I felt we had proven goalscorers within the squad and that has happened.

"There are a lot of players playing well at the moment and playing with confidence."

Meanwhile, MacPherson has revealed he is hopeful of new faces arriving in the January transfer window, with a midfielder top of his wish-list.

"We would hope to strengthen the squad," he said.

"We are still waiting on one or two things being finalised and, until that happens, we will keep it under wraps.

"The positions can change. We will try to get a midfielder in because we have been light in that department because of injuries.

"Other areas depend on how the games go and if we pick up any injuries."

Don't have a problem with it. Let Gus have his fifteen minutes of fame..... JC will get Jan's award after taking the good ship AFC clear in third in SPL, back to back victories over the Old Farm and closing in on second place, and into the next round of the Scottish Cup :thumbsup:

Merited.

Quiet progress, unnoticed or acknowledged by any of the utter fucking cunts of the media suits our purposes much better.

The Buddies defeated Falkirk, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Kilmarnock and Hamilton Academical during December

Quite happy for them to get it as I think we work better under the radar but I'd be a little wary of blowing Helen Mirren's trumpet too loudly  ;)

Anyone think Mirren can crack the top half?

:)

I'm thinking Helen Mirren would look better up top than down below. I'd hate to be in there trying to push your way up. Its always hard to get your way out of such a hole when resources have dried up and the stability around you has fallen away. One wrong move and you could easily see a major flop and then you are in danger of something giving way.

I'm thinking Helen Mirren would look better up top than down below. I'd hate to be in there trying to push your way up. Its always hard to get your way out of such a hole when resources have dried up and the stability around you has fallen away. One wrong move and you could easily see a major flop and then you are in danger of something giving way.

In spite of the old tunnel at the end of it's usefulness, the new improved one looks sturdy enough to accommodate plenty of players at once.

Guest swaddon
The Buddies defeated Falkirk, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Kilmarnock and Hamilton Academical during December.

Big fucking deal.

Never mind, he can have his Manager of the Month title, but it won't get him into Europe, unlike the Scottish Cup which we'll be getting our hands on in May. :thumbsup:

In spite of the old tunnel at the end of it's usefulness, the new improved one looks sturdy enough to accommodate plenty of players at once.

Thats true there has been a tightening of capacity which can often lead to a better experience for anyone entering Helen Mirren's arena. The surface looks better too although it may bald quickly through winter.

Thats true there has been a tightening of capacity which can often lead to a better experience for anyone entering Helen Mirren's arena. The surface looks better too although it may bald quickly through winter.

Certainly smoother but you do get the impression that even a little use at both ends will result in a muddied circle and box.

• 2 weeks later...