Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Transfers: Silk Purse From a Sow's Ear

Since we're getting into "speculation season", has anyone got a player or players who you thought "WTF are they bringing in this guy for?" and been pleasantly surprised once they got in?

Sone Aluko.  Knew nothing about him when JC first brought him in, and thought it'd be another youngster who'd not quite be good enough to make the step-up.

Guest swaddon

Mixu Paatelainen. Wasn't too impressed when he signed, but he turned out to be alright for us.

I was actually pleased we signed Mixu, he always seemed to score against us when he played for Dundee United, or so it seemed to me anyway.

Andy Dow. When I saw him lined up on the EE back page along with Derek Whyte and Craig Hignett I thought, why the fuck are we buying this guy who struggles to cut it at Hibs?

Two years later and he was our player of the year by a country mile!

It was just for a season though! after that he went back to being garbage.

Thats cos he signed a new contract. He "did a Doddsy" or "did a Winters" or "did a Sheerin" whereby he had a blinder of a season when his contract was up for renewal. Then, when he signed his new contract, he sat back and did fuckall.

But for that one season, he was immense! Hey, he scored our first goal of the season that year ... a strike against Rangers like a quarter into the new season!

Thats cos he signed a new contract. He "did a Doddsy" or "did a Winters" or "did a Sheerin" whereby he had a blinder of a season when his contract was up for renewal. Then, when he signed his new contract, he sat back and did fuckall.

But for that one season, he was immense! Hey, he scored our first goal of the season that year ... a strike against Rangers like a quarter into the new season!

Dundee United. It was a free kick.

That was my first season as a season ticket holder, and oddly enough, that was my first game of that season.

I always knew I was good luck

We're both wrong. Gillies in the league cup against Livi!

I'm sure there was something significant about Dow's goal against Rangers in the cup though. Was it our first from open play or something?

Yeah I think so, also it was like 119th minute :thumbsup:

Ah i didn't realise we had played a cup game before the United game...i stand corrected.

We're both wrong. Gillies in the league cup against Livi!

I'm sure there was something significant about Dow's goal against Rangers in the cup though. Was it our first from open play or something?

it was only our second shot on goal the whole game?

The first had come about 5seconds before from Gillies which Myhre parried to what appeared to be a relatively safe area and dow managed to get ot the rebound before the covering defender