Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Diamond or Considine?

Guest AberdeenSamuel

Guest AberdeenSamuel

Does anyone else feel like Zander has had his chance for a prolonged stake in the first team?  Considine looks the part and has only really let us down once this season.  Ive lost count to the amount of times Zander has cost us goals and points.  Reminds me of Brian O'neill.  Not saying he shouldnt be considered at all  as he still has talent but its time for a new central partner for Russell.

Guest AberdeenSamuel

he has been like that though after his first season. he will have few good games then do something daft.  Remember the game against hearts he elbowed their player!  If that was europe we would be in a real mess!

Guest AberdeenSamuel

Maybe.....

I see Heikkenen is free at end of season again, whats the chances of a return??  If we do go for new centreback wi few years left in him i would give Lee Wilkie a shout.  Get him for free or next to nothing i think.  Has played really well since back from injury.

Maybe.....

If we do go for new centreback wi few years left in him i would give Lee Wilkie a shout.  Get him for free or next to nothing i think.  Has played really well since back from injury.

EFF EFF ESS!!!

I would rather play my 92 year old Gran at centre half than that clown.

Maybe.....

I see Heikkenen is free at end of season again, whats the chances of a return??  If we do go for new centreback wi few years left in him i would give Lee Wilkie a shout.  Get him for free or next to nothing i think.  Has played really well since back from injury.

I'm not even going to pretend i saw this by responding. Bugger, i just have. No no no no no no no no no no no no....

Guest Paulicus

I have to agree with MercanaryGit, I can remember Anderson breaking through and thinking there is no way this lad will make it, but ........

Two different types of players. Diamond is a no-nonsense defender who will fly into blocks/ tackles (often recklessley) and Considine is a bit calmer and better on the ball.

Two players that may have big futures ahead of them if they're able to cut out silly errors.

Guest JCsredarmy

Lee Wilkie, are you off your nut.

Diamond has been much improved since his return to the team. has settled back into the no no nonsense defender he should be. The trouble is when he gets too much confidence and thinks he is pele.

If he can stay playing like he is, he is very good in the air, strong tackler and fearless we have a good player. He also is a threat at set pieces, hit bar against celtic and gets on the end of things. He does need the sensible player next to him though. There were times on Sunday when he would try and play the ball with hart or touzani, and then would not make an angle for a return and we we end up hoofing it out of play.

All in all if Diamond stays sane he could be a good player for us. Considine also looks good, and remember he is only 20 or something, another for the future, again jusat cut out sillyness