Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Spot on - over the top reaction emailed the club asking if HE was actually one of the ones singing the reply i got was he was banned for POSTING the video not actually taking part.

So if he hadnt even been to the game and posted the video he would have still been banned - what a heap of shite - pandering to the old firm again

Spot on - over the top reaction emailed the club asking if HE was actually one of the ones singing the reply i got was he was banned for POSTING the video not actually taking part.

So if he hadnt even been to the game and posted the video he would have still been banned - what a heap of shite - pandering to the old firm again

Wondered that when I read the article. So the club are taking the stance that it's alright to shout the abuse but it's not alright to highlight it. I think they have to be very careful that they are not punishing the wrong person as it could quite easily be turned around by the press. Also I assume they will be banning the Rangers fan that reposted the video if he was ever to try to acquire a ticket for an away game at Pittodrie?

Ach well, we all know stuff like that's out of order but we still do it. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time! Did anyone expect the club to defend slagging the handicapped ffs?

100% agree, whilst I couldn't give a fuck what anyone else gets up to, I can't think of another situation apart from football where that behaviour would be acceptable.

Nae doubt that's "PC gorn maaad" though  ::) 

The only person they have banned so far is the person who took the video, uploaded it to a website where the press found it, and is in fact the only reason the club or anyone bar those present found out about it. It's a very fine line the club are treading.

Although I'm sure this lad uploaded because at 14 he thought it was funny. If they don't catch those responsible for the act and punish them it could be taken that the club only punished this guy for posting something that portrayed the club in a bad light.

maybe they could have got him to do some sort of "community service" sitting in the disabled section at pittodrie for a match and going to the pie stand for the folk in wheelchairs?

Might have helped turn the young loon into more of a man by helping those less fortunate than himself.

I reckon it would also have shown the club in a better light than just taking his season ticket.  This makes the club look childish.

Young loon - if yer reading this - get onto the club and volunteer to do something like that - hopefully ye'll have yer ticket back by the time we play Rangers in January so you and yer mates can do the David Murray dance again  ;)

:clap: Excellent idea Jager.

Well I have no sympathy for the kid, it is scum like this that give football fans a bad name, and to do it at a stadium with such a good reputation of a fun friendly atmosphere and to innocent football fans that like to only watch their team and sings  friendly football chants is a disgrace.

Ach well, we all know stuff like that's out of order but we still do it. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time! Did anyone expect the club to defend slagging the handicapped ffs?

Spot on Padre. i wont defend those responisble as it is indefensible when viewed in any context, regardless of whether its dons fans.

Aye he is up to his knees in it for sure. Personally, I think the club have taken the legs away from underneath him with their approach. With our crippling debt we can't really afford to be turning away good paying customers. The boy should stand up for himself but if he doesn't then I'm sure it will work out and he'll be back on his feet in no time.  :thumbsup: