Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Compare and Contrast - Inept Pittodrie Stewards

Think it has been mentioned on here before that the stewards and Police were completely out of order on Saturday, harassing the Well fans and treating them like violent criminals for the heinous crime of standing and singing.  They are slowly but surely trying to kill any kind of passion and excitement at SPL games and will only succeed in driving folk like that away from the game, folk that no doubt spend a large proportion of their income on the clubs.  We've all been subjected to it at some point but the pricks in yellow took it to a whole new level on Saturday by the looks of things.

Only time they don't seem interested in harassing visiting fans is when the OF come to town, when they are too feart to do anything about behaviour that is a million times worse than what the 'Well boys were upto.

SATURDAY

100_7047.jpg

TIMS

100_6246.jpg

HUNS

100_6942.jpg

I was sitting in good old Section S, and noticed the Motherwell 'Ultras' (Doubt they're called that) getting far too much attention for doing very little.

They were all sitting about 20-30 rows away from the bulk of their own fans, and absolutely miles away from ours, so if they wanna wave flags, why not let them?

But then Pittodrie stewards, am I surprised? Am I fuck?

Think it has been mentioned on here before that the stewards and Police were completely out of order on Saturday, harassing the Well fans and treating them like violent criminals for the heinous crime of standing and singing.  They are slowly but surely trying to kill any kind of passion and excitement at SPL games and will only succeed in driving folk like that away from the game, folk that no doubt spend a large proportion of their income on the clubs.  We've all been subjected to it at some point but the pricks in yellow took it to a whole new level on Saturday by the looks of things.

Only time they don't seem interested in harassing visiting fans is when the OF come to town, when they are too feart to do anything about behaviour that is a million times worse than what the 'Well boys were upto.

:clap:

So true GS, and photos clearly highlight the inconsistency in applying the rules. What a surprise!  ::)

I sit right opposite the away fans in the corner of the Dick Donald, and I thought they were being a right bunch of pricks.  How difficult is it to sit down when you are asked to?

Stewards were just doing their job I'm afraid, like it or not.

Obviously they don't do it when the Infirm are up though.

I sent an email to the club asking why the stewards treat non old firm fans completely different ot OF fans. Yet to receive a reply and don't expect to. I have no qualms about them doing their job, If they are going to be facists, I want them to be facist to the lot of them ;)

I sit right opposite the away fans in the corner of the Dick Donald, and I thought they were being a right bunch of pricks.  How difficult is it to sit down when you are asked to?

I sit there too and they did seem like arseholes most of the time but on the other hand the stewards were a bit out of line. There was one chucked out after about 5-10 minutes just for making a noise while standing - which the bigot brothers do as well but nothing is said to them!! But thats because they sell out their allocation

I sent an email to the club asking why the stewards treat non old firm fans completely different ot OF fans. Yet to receive a reply and don't expect to. I have no qualms about them doing their job, If they are going to be facists, I want them to be facist to the lot of them ;)

OK, I once spoke to the/a match commander at Pittodrie when the tims were in town, very soon after a mate was fucked out for making a sectarian remark at Ibrox.

The tims were enjoying one of thier traditional folk songs (brought to you by the letters I, R and A) when I asked why they didn't grab a couple of the guilty and do them, purely as an example to the others. The reply was fairly predictable but no less infuriating. She said that she knew it was unfair treatment but that it was because of the sheer size of the old firm support that meant sending in a couple of dozen officers to grab a couple of them would start a riot. Whereas dicking about with a few hundred AFC fans at Ibrox would be a piece of piss, cherry pick whomsoever you like.

I guess this is why the Well fans were getting such lovingly close treatment from a bunch of over eager fuckwits.

I sit there too and they did seem like arseholes most of the time but on the other hand the stewards were a bit out of line. There was one chucked out after about 5-10 minutes just for making a noise while standing - which the bigot brothers do as well but nothing is said to them!! But thats because they sell out their allocation

Where do you sit?  ;D

Stewards were just doing their job I'm afraid, like it or not.

Obviously they don't do it when the Infirm are up though.

god forbid that fans should have a bit of a laugh at the football eh? when did our support turn into such a bunch of fannies,

god forbid that fans should have a bit of a laugh at the football eh? when did our support turn into such a bunch of fannies,

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying the stewards will have been told to tell them to sit down, and they (the fans) were being quite aggressive about it.

I'm not saying its right, I'm just saying the stewards will have been told to tell them to sit down, and they (the fans) were being quite aggressive about it.

where have I heard that before... maybe at Fir Park the last few times Aberdeen have been there...