Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

BBC: Calderwood set for landmark game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/7754854.stm

Calderwood set for landmark game

Jimmy Calderwood is enjoying life at Aberdeen more than ever ahead of his 200th game as manager of the club.

Calderwood joined the Dons from Dunfermline in May 2004 and is the longest serving manager at Pittodrie since Sir Alex Ferguson.

"My time at Aberdeen has been absolutely fabulous," said Calderwood.

"We have had a lot of highs and a few lows along the way but it's a wonderful club to work for. Hopefully there will be more highs in the future."

Aberdeen enjoyed a run in the Uefa Cup last season, progressing from the group stages before Bayern Munich sent them tumbling from the round of 32.

"Personally, the greatest moment was actually when we got that wonderful result in Dnipro because we knew that meant we had made it into the group stages of the Uefa Cup," said Calderwood, reflecting on his time at the club.

"That was fabulous as was finishing in third place in the league by beating Rangers a year and a half ago, which was another wonderful achievement."

Calderwood also acknowledged the low ebbs, pointing to last term's surprise 4-3 Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to Queen of the South at Hampden.

"The biggest regret was losing the semi-final last year because we would have been in Europe if we had won," he added.

"I also thought we would have had a great chance of winning the final too."

Calderwood aims to mark the milestone with a home win over Motherwell on Saturday but he is expecting a tough encounter against a side who are smarting from last weekend's 4-1 thumping from Hibs.

"We know it is going to be very difficult because Mark McGhee and Scott Leitch are winners," said the manager.

"They showed that last year by finishing third. They will be hurting after last week which makes them a very dangerous opponent."

"I was reading in the papers last week that Mark wasn't very happy with his players so I'm sure he had a few choice words for them. I expect them to be a completely different side when they face us on Saturday."

Calderwood has won 83 of his 199 games with Aberdeen, drawing 47 and losing 69.