Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

I'm going as I've missed the last couple.

Years ago when we were in serious trouble both on and off the pitch, it used to be quite entertaining, with the board having to deal with some very difficult questions from the floor (not least from a Mr W. Miller).  I also remember Keith Burkinshaw getting a hell of a grilling one year, when trying to explain exactly what it is he did.

If the floor voted against the board (e.g. choosing to not re-elect a board member) the board can use their majority shareholding to over-rule, so in some ways it's all a bit pointless.

There's not normally any catering on offer as far as I can remember, perhaps you can get a cup of tea or coffee, but certainly no free bar.

Some would say we're still in serious trouble both on and off the pitch, but with record turnover last year, I expect the board will get a fairly easy ride although there should be some questions about what's happening with the stadium.

Milne up for re-election this year.

A quick summary of tonight's A.G.M. which was over within an hour:

-All the directors that were up for re-election got re-elected, and there were a handful who voted against Milne for re-election.

-When it went to an open forum, Rocket Scientist asked the first question! (about the stadium).

-The new stadium would have a capacity of between 20K and 23K but would be designed in such a way that it could be extended (presumably temporarily) to 30K if Scotland were to bid to host a major championship.

-They don't know how they are going to fund the stadium (this was in answer to Rocket's question).  They want to get the feasibility study over with, then seek planning permission, after that they will look at funding which may involve local and central government, and possibly shareholders to raise funds also.  They've admitted its possible the City council could invest nothing in it.

-Quite a heated debate ensued when somebody asked about the negative comments in the press about fans having unrealistic expectations (Rocket stood up and interrupted and was asked by Willie Miller to stop shouting at him).  Willie doesn't believe he has put out any such comments but apologises if anybody thinks he has.  The board's targets are 3rd in the league and playing in Europe every season, and the occasional cup final.  The ironic thing was that the person who asked the question was then asked by Willie what he thought was a realistic expectation - and the answer was "winning the championship"!

-Apparently crowds in the mid 1980s were around about 13K average so we've never had a big home support.

-Willie Miller spoke very passionately about the overhauling of the youth system and hopes to have some serious challengers for the first team within the next few years.  We now have 3 Faeroe Islandanders at the club, and probably a handful of Irish youths joining next season.

-Duncan Fraser is predicting a £600,000 loss at the moment for next year.  Budget predictions are based on 7th place in the SPL, and the quarter finals of both cups (reaching those rounds amounts to approx. £250,000 with £170,000 being from the Scottish cup) so there's still time to improve on this.  I don't think they target 7th place as that's where they expect us to finish, the targets sound like they are "worse case".

-Willie Miller likened Charlie Mulgrew's crossing to that of Peter Weir's, but admits he can be a frustrating player.

-There was free tea and coffee!

That probably sums it up.

As a businessman trying to navigate the stormy seas we are in I would have to say I support the idea that they take it one step at a time. In the current economic climate it's the only strategy that makes sense. Get the feasability study carried out and then go to planning sounds suitably prudent to me.

As a Dons fan I say get a fucking move on aberdeen for fuck sake, all this fannying about is doing everyones nut in.

Willie Miller offered one fan a square go, sorry, a meeting after the AGM, with Calderwood, regarding this mysterious fans expectations comments, that he knows nothing aboit. The fan agreed to meet Miller, but shat it at the thought of Calderwood being present!!

Aye that was funny.  I think it was a genuine offer to discuss it over coffee after the meeting though.

-Quite a heated debate ensued when somebody asked about the negative comments in the press about fans having unrealistic expectations (Rocket stood up and interrupted and was asked by Willie Miller to stop shouting at him).  Willie doesn't believe he has put out any such comments but apologises if anybody thinks he has.  The board's targets are 3rd in the league and playing in Europe every season, and the occasional cup final.  The ironic thing was that the person who asked the question was then asked by Willie what he thought was a realistic expectation - and the answer was "winning the championship"

Blagger

Did you see Calderwood right at the start of the AGM? Tapped the cameraman on the shoulder to squeeze past him, then the camera almost took his head off when it swung round. If looks could kill......

Agree though, the bloke should have taken Willie up on his offer to meet him and JC off air, nothing to worry about. These guys need to know how us fans feel about things, as CHris Gavin certainly isn't letting them know.

Guest fatshaft

Sounds quite an honest A.G.M. Nice to hear that. Bit worrying that they don't know how they are going to fund the stadium, but at least they are being honest about things. Just a shame we're not further forward with it than over a year ago.

Agreed, although it's always been known that the F.S. would be a year in the making.

Pissed off I missed it... mainly cos there was shortbreid!

Was the coffee instant or filter?

I wonder how the rocket thinks we could win the league... I think second place may be achievable, even under current constraints if one of the ugly sisters have some bad fuck ups and we all keep "raising our game".

So did the Rocket come across as a bit of a beaut? Or were folk on the floor backing him? Surely he didn't do any of his arguments any favours with saying we should win the league as his expectation. What was the floors & boards reaction to this?

That wasn't Rocket that said winning the league was an expectation, that was somebody else who asked the question.  The board to their credit didn't react.

Rocket's first question was very well thought out, about funding for the stadium.  When he decided to interrupt somebody else's question and shout at Willie, I didn't think he did himself any favours.

The coffee was filtered!

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne last night stressed Dons supporters should wait until there is a firm site for a new stadium for the club before worrying about where the funding will be found.

Debt at Pittodrie has been reduced to £6.5million following an operating profit of £2.335million for the financial year ended June 30, but the proposed new community stadium for the club remains the priority for Milne and his board of directors.

They were quizzed by those in attendance at last night’s annual meeting, with several querying where the funding for the development will come from.

Milne told the 100 shareholders at the meeting that they may be asked to help with funding should a site be identified and planning permission granted, but he also hopes government funding and local authority money will be forthcoming.

The issue should become clearer in February when the feasibility study into potential new sites in the city is completed.

He said: “The clock has been ticking for a few years now as far as Pittodrie is concerned.

“People will say we have been claiming that for a number of years but the reality is we are having to spend more and more money every year to stay here and that investment is only going to increase.

“A community stadium is more pressing than ever and the most important issue for us. Hopefully, the situation will become clearer in February.

"I am hoping there is a clear location identified by then which will allow us to get our teeth into moving the project forward in terms of the planning and funding process. It is important we don't get caught up in funding issues at the moment as it is all hypothetical."

Following the club's most successful financial performance, largely due to the run in Europe last season, Milne admitted the absence of European football this season will hit the club financially when next year's financial results are published.

He said: “The financial results have given us a platform for moving forward.

“We have said for some time the best way to do that is by investing in the longer term. We want to invest in the squad for two or three seasons at a time.

“What Jimmy Calderwood and the team achieved last season in Europe was fantastic and I think we made a real signal of intent for Scottish football in that another club made progress in Europe outwith the Old Firm.

“We had a challenging draw all the way through and it was a tremendous achievement to reach the last 32 of the Uefa Cup. (Managing director) Duncan Fraser has projected a £600,000 operating loss for next year which illustrates how fortunate we were in terms of the teams we were drawn with and the television revenue the games generated.

“Not being involved has a massive impact financially.â€

The Dons chairman and his board were given a relaxed evening by those in attendance, with the meeting lasting 53 minutes. The only occasion the tension rose came when some shareholders questioned what they perceive to be criticism about them from director of football Willie Miller, manager Jimmy Calderwood and the players for expecting too much of the team.

Milne insists the feedback will be taken on board by the club.

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne last night stressed Dons supporters should wait until there is a firm site for a new stadium for the club before worrying about where the funding will be found.

Debt at Pittodrie has been reduced to £6.5million following an operating profit of £2.335million for the financial year ended June 30, but the proposed new community stadium for the club remains the priority for Milne and his board of directors.

They were quizzed by those in attendance at last night’s annual meeting, with several querying where the funding for the development will come from.

Milne told the 100 shareholders at the meeting that they may be asked to help with funding should a site be identified and planning permission granted, but he also hopes government funding and local authority money will be forthcoming.

The issue should become clearer in February when the feasibility study into potential new sites in the city is completed.

He said: “The clock has been ticking for a few years now as far as Pittodrie is concerned.

“People will say we have been claiming that for a number of years but the reality is we are having to spend more and more money every year to stay here and that investment is only going to increase.

“A community stadium is more pressing than ever and the most important issue for us. Hopefully, the situation will become clearer in February.

"I am hoping there is a clear location identified by then which will allow us to get our teeth into moving the project forward in terms of the planning and funding process. It is important we don't get caught up in funding issues at the moment as it is all hypothetical."

Following the club's most successful financial performance, largely due to the run in Europe last season, Milne admitted the absence of European football this season will hit the club financially when next year's financial results are published.

He said: “The financial results have given us a platform for moving forward.

“We have said for some time the best way to do that is by investing in the longer term. We want to invest in the squad for two or three seasons at a time.

“What Jimmy Calderwood and the team achieved last season in Europe was fantastic and I think we made a real signal of intent for Scottish football in that another club made progress in Europe outwith the Old Firm.

“We had a challenging draw all the way through and it was a tremendous achievement to reach the last 32 of the Uefa Cup. (Managing director) Duncan Fraser has projected a £600,000 operating loss for next year which illustrates how fortunate we were in terms of the teams we were drawn with and the television revenue the games generated.

“Not being involved has a massive impact financially.â€

The Dons chairman and his board were given a relaxed evening by those in attendance, with the meeting lasting 53 minutes. The only occasion the tension rose came when one shareholder started screaming mentally about rabbits.

Milne insists lettuce will be taken on board by the club and stored in the kitchen.

Guest fatshaft
The Dons chairman and his board were given a relaxed evening by those in attendance, with the meeting lasting 53 minutes. The only occasion the tension rose came when one shareholder started screaming mentally about rabbits.

Milne insists lettuce will be taken on board by the club and stored in the kitchen.

:lolabove: