Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Was down Byres Road earlier and saw some of the vermin on their way to the match... one hun dad and his hun son, hun dad reminding the juvenile hun to "put yer fuckin scarf on for fucks sake". The wee wank didn't want to, I'm not surprised... it was bright orange, with "ULSTER" written all the way down it.  Lovely touch.

Was down Byres Road earlier and saw some of the vermin on their way to the match... one hun dad and his hun son, hun dad reminding the juvenile hun to "put yer fuckin scarf on for fucks sake". The wee wank didn't want to, I'm not surprised... it was bright orange, with "ULSTER" written all the way down it.  Lovely touch.

Thats hun "class" for you ;)

Severin knows how it feels to win at Ibrox

skipper bullish as dons seek to bust 17-year hoodoo

By Paul Smith

Published: 22/11/2008

HEART AND SOLE: skipper Scott Severin emphasises there will be no margin for error today. Raymond Besant

More Pictures

Aberdeen captain Scott Severin knows what it feels like to beat Rangers at Ibrox and today he aims to prove he still has what it takes to get the better of the Light Blues on their home patch.

Aberdeen have not won at Ibrox in 17 years, but Severin helped Hearts to a 1-0 victory there in 2004.

The 29-year-old is older, wiser and ready to call on all of his experience as he leads a youthful Dons team out against Walter Smith’s side this afternoon.

Severin said: “Jamie Smith and myself must be the only players in the current squad who know what it is like to win there. When you go to places like that you have to take your chances.

“It’s strange when you play at the Old Firm grounds as you get time on the ball to pass it and, hopefully, we can create chances this weekend as we have the players who can take them.

“We have a decent record against them at Pittodrie but at Ibrox it is pretty poor. One draw in the last four years is not enough – but we can take confidence from knowing that underdogs often win.

“For example, Hamilton Accies won at Pittodrie this season for the first time in 70 years and Inverness had never beaten us until this season. A few records we were proud of have gone, so, hopefully, we can break another one.â€

Severin believes the Dons players are ready to answer manager Jimmy Calderwood’s plea for courage and is hoping to set a quick tempo early in today’s encounter.

He said: “We need to defend high up the park and create chances. We have the players and the attitude to do that. Sone Aluko and Darren Mackie have the pace and have scored goals in recent weeks, while Lee Miller will be full of confidence following his Scotland showing.

“We have to be brave and get the ball down and pass it. Mark Kerr will be an important player and midfield will be the key area.â€

Have any of you actually seen a victory at the home of the greatest side in Scottish footballs history?

I think the definition of "greatest side in Scottish footballs history" should be defined in how many European trophys any one team may have won. I have seen numerous wins for Aberdeen and other sides at Pittodrie. Are you 12 and your sentence doesn't make sense. Its is very ambiguous.  

any news on the Charlie Adam stamp? Must have been bad before BBC are reporting it. Chance of a retrospective punishment? F U C K A L L

I never seen/heard about this until I read the match report of the BBC. Anyone else see it? Also thought Broadfoot was a bit lucky to stay on given his handbags with Maguire but maybe thats me with my red-tinted glasses on again! ;D

Quite a close game, I think Huns just about desreved it though.

There were quite a few positives to take from the match imo.  We played very well in spells, that showed when the Hun support started to get on their teams back as half time approached.