Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Red TV

Having recently moved abroad, I am looking into subscribing. Could those in the know give me their opinions? Value for money?

As I understand it, Red TV gives you a radio stream during the match, and highlights afterwards, correct? Also, the last time I was abroad for a while, I didn't get Red TV but was able to pay a one-off five quid fee for games that were on Setanta through RTV. Do these games come as part of the package, or do you have to pay on top of your subscription charge?

Cheers.

Having recently moved abroad, I am looking into subscribing. Could those in the know give me their opinions? Value for money?

As I understand it, Red TV gives you a radio stream during the match, and highlights afterwards, correct? Also, the last time I was abroad for a while, I didn't get Red TV but was able to pay a one-off five quid fee for games that were on Setanta through RTV. Do these games come as part of the package, or do you have to pay on top of your subscription charge?

Cheers.

That's my understanding dude.

Though should you not be hibernating over there just now?

To answer my own question -

Attention international RedTV Subscribers!

We are very excited to announce that you can watch the Aberdeen v Rangers match on Thursday 22th May (KO 19:45 BST), as provided by Setanta Sports, live via your computer!

Click the link below or click on the 'Live Event' menu option under Live Commentary to access the LIVE VIDEO webcast of Aberdeen v Rangers in the SPL.

Aberdeen v Rangers LIVE VIDEO

Please note that this is only available to overseas subscribers.

Non RedTV subscribers can purchase a 24 hour subscription on the day to take in the live match as well as see what else RedTV has to offer.

To sign up, visit the buy RedTV page

We are unable to provide a live video stream to users within the UK, due to UEFA blackout restrictions. UEFA Article 48 states that moving pictures must not be broadcast into a member country during the 'closed period' in that country. Moving pictures can be broadcast into a member country outwith the 'closed period' subject to satisfactory geoblocking, to ensure the British Isles holdback period is maintained. See http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/88494.pdf for details.

So will be signing up soon enough, certainly in time for the Old Firm decider n January.

watching the highlights over and over cost me a fortune in internet cafe's but the live match commentary was still quite ropey. Half the games I tried to listen to just kept cutting out. think they had just managed to get it right as I was coming back to the Uk and I cancelled my Subscription a few weeks later (economy drive)

That was before they started live tv coverage though so i cant comment on the quality of that function

• 1 month later...

Download flip for mac and it will work, I also have a mac and had the same problem until they updated the flip for mac programme.

Mentor, I have been having trouble using flip4mac, ie I can't see the highlights. Are you able to watch the highlights in your browser no problem?

I wonder if it has something to do with the DRM Licence - flip4mac doesn't support this. I'm using Safari.

I need to get this sorted before Sunday!