Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Player Ratings v St Mirren

Langfield - 6. Done what he had to do well enough, although his distribution was crap, yet it seemed to be everyone elses fault?

Seve - 5. Kept it simple and safe (which the crowd seemed to moan at, did they see Yoonited's first on Saturday?) but once again attempted the Hollywood pass instead of the simple 10 yard pass.

Diamond - 6. A lot of good tackles, marshalled Mehmet well. Distribution was poor at times though and although he showed a willingness to tear up the wing not one of his crosses beat the first man.

Considine - 6. Good finish but my poop string was clenching everytime he was under pressure on the ball. Far too relaxed in the conditions and reminded me of Touzani they way he wanted to be able to stroll around with the ball. Good finish though.

Mulgrew - 5. Lazy cunt. Seemed to me he was too happy to let Aluko trail over and do all the work on the left side. Didn't seem interested at all althoguh he had a couple of good deliveries with his free kicks.

Foster - 5. Not his type of game. His first touch was awful and when he went to take the ball for a run he seemed to forget about the conditions, hit it far too far in front of himself and chase it right out of play.

Young - 3. Scored so highly because although he was terrible he kept trying. His most telling contribution was colour coordinating his boots with his strip.

Kerr - 6. Composed. Struggled playing in the centre of the park pretty much on his tod. Passing was a bit off at times, but he did look like he wanted to keep it short and simple, instead of lumping it forward. Always looking for the ball as well. Good work for the first goal althoguh I couldn't quite see what he had done from my seat in the South Stand.

Aluko - 7. Makes the wrong decisions a lot of the time, but he does get the fans out of their seats when he takes it for a run. St Mirren only answer was to foul him. Needs to toughen up a bit and not fanny out of 50% of the tackles he could win but his finish was cool, calm and collected :thumbsup:

Mackie - 7. Tried to work with the little service he had. Won a few balls in the air and actually managed to hokd the ball up and look to get team mates involved. Was unlucky that a few of the times he got in behind the defence his team mates were still at the half way line. I'm not a Mackie fan in the slightest but I was impressed with him last night.

Miller - 8. MOTM. Very good eprformance. Always looking to get team mates involved and it's a shame he's on another level. Didn't seem to play for too many fouls (it looked cold and wet on the floor) and if he had a bit of pace about him he'd be at a far higher level.

Subs.

Maguire - 4. Looked to get involved. Should have probably gave the ball to Aluko instead of striking but at times too much fannying about and no-one actually having a hit costs us games so I won't hold it against him.

Hodgekiss - 5. The guy looks like a footballer. Makes a lot of space for himself and positions himself well in defence. Keeps it simple. Hopefully his loan deal will be extended.

I know its a bit late but these seemed overly generous for me.

Langfield - 4. Shocking distribution, sliced ball out for a throw in twice. Relatively safe handling though.

Seve - 4. Not overly troubled by st.mirrens front two due to Considine and Diamond but passing was way beyond awful.

Diamond - 6. Solid at the back, great challenge in the second half when one of their boys was through. Tried to get forward on the right hand side but shocking delivery.

Considine - 7. Pick of the bunch at the back. Had Hamilton wound up cause he wasnt getting a kick and was left with extra work due to the 'presence' of Mulgrew on his side.

Mulgrew - 3. Two great balls into the box and thats it. Cant run, cant jump and isnt the best defensively.

Foster - 5. Worked hard, pace got him out of bother a coule of times but was looking for more going forward.

Young - 1. Had a couple of shots on goal that went nowhere near the target and was basically lost.

Kerr - 7. Considering he was alongside Young he was left with a ridiculous amount of work but was quiet and effective about it and then did very well in setting up the opener.

Aluko - 6. Cool finish and a well timed run but in all honesty that was all that he did in the second half and seemed to be blowing out his arse after the hour mark.

Mackie - 6. Worked hard and didnt give the st.mirren defence much time on the ball. Couple of times reverted back to 'second touch is a tackle' routine though.

Miller - 9. Outstanding. The way he held up the ball and brought others into the game was excellent and was only a goal away from getting 10.

Just watched the highlights again, what a fucking disgraceful decision by Winter not to send off the keeper.

Deliberate handball outside the box, denying Mackie a goalscoring opportunity. Fucking red card.

2 very well made and taken goals too. I wish some folk would quit moaning like fucking auld wummin about not getting their fannies tickled by entertaining football.

Just watched the highlights again, what a fucking disgraceful decision by Winter not to send off the keeper.

Deliberate handball outside the box, denying Mackie a goalscoring opportunity. Fucking red card.

2 very well made and taken goals too. I wish some folk would quit moaning like fucking auld wummin about not getting their fannies tickled by entertaining football.

Is it only me who would rather see us winning 50-50's, showing a bit of passion and everyone playing for each other rather than us attempting 25 passes before a goal and watching it break down at pass 3?

I feel theres not actually enough of the team doing the first part rather than the second.