Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jimmy: Aberdeen were a disgrace

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/929414

RAGING Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood today slated his dithering defence for robbing them of the chance to go third in the SPL.

Aberdeen blew their hopes of leapfrogging Dundee United in the table by gifting the Tangerines two goals to lose 2-1 at Tannadice.

Calderwood said: “The standard of our defending at both United goals was laughable. It cost us the game and cost us third place.

“The most worrying thing is, it was senior players – not young ones – who caused us massive problems.â€

Calderwood pulled no punches by slating skipper Scott Severin for the part he played in handing United striker Francisco Sandaza the opening goal after just seven minutes.

Calderwood said: “It’s annoying because it was a bad judgement call by Seve.

“It was a nothing through ball and he failed to deal with it.

“Seve thought the ball was going out but I could see from where I was sitting that wasn’t going to happen.

“Seve should have sorted things out by hammering the ball out for a throw-in.

“He didn’t and the ball then bounced awkwardly in front of Zander Diamond and suddenly we were chasing another game.

“We were just as sloppy at their second goal as well and it’s annoying.

“I’ve lost count of the amount of games we’ve lost because of people making stupid mistakes like that.

“We gifted United a penalty the last time and we have also blundered in at least half-a-dozen other games.

“It’s frightening stuff and most of it has come from players who we know are capable of a lot better.

“You can’t legislate for good players doing things like that.â€

The Dons rallied magnificently and played some excellent football in the second period.

Darren Mackie pulled a goal back but was then denied a late equaliser when referee’s assistant John Gilmour judged the striker was offside when he followed up a Lee Miller header that had been saved by United keeper Lukasz Zaluska.

Calderwood isn’t convinced the official made the right call.

“I don’t know if he was offside or not,†he said.

“He wasn’t offside when the ball came in but it is hard to tell if he was when the ball came back to him.

“They say these things even themselves out, but that is a goal at Celtic Park and at Motherwell which has potentially cost us a place in Europe. We are owed a few.â€

Calderwood is looking for his men to bounce back when they face St Mirren at Pittodrie tomorrow.

He said: “They will be well organised and won’t come here with all guns blazing, so it will be tough.

“But if we play as well as we did in the second half at Tannadice we will take a bit of stopping.â€

Anyone we recognise in the accompanying picture?

thumbnail.aspx?refId=1968985

:wave:

is that Stoney in the olive coloured "George at Asda" jacket and umbro baseball cap purchased from Soccer World?

Nice try  ;)

Olive coloured stone island (green edged badge) jacket  :thumbsup: and armani baseball cap  :wave:

Not my best but it will do for dundee  ;)

K-9 to the left of Langfield.

Looks like stoney to the right although the guy there looks much skinnier than stoney so it can't be him.

I told you cunts i've lost weight  :thumbsup:

Do you write for the EE now or something?

In the article he didn't say "Aberdeen were a disgrace" yet the title of the thread does.

I do not understand the title of the thread given the article you posted.

Its the title of the article