Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: JC- Red Army can help net new signings

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/923525

JIMMY Calderwood will use the Red Army as a bargaining chip when the transfer window opens on January 1.

From that date, Dons players like Scott Severin, Jamie Smith and Darren Mackie who are out of contract in summer 2009 can talk to other clubs.

And Dons boss Calderwood reckons the Dons away support, with nearly 5,000 expected at Tannadice on Saturday, can help land new talent, and secure his top stars on fresh deals.

He said: “Aberdeen’s away support can be a great selling point when I am talking to players and trying to get them to sign.

“We are guaranteed at least 1,500 to 2,000 for every away game which is phenomenal.

“As many as 5,000 could be there at Tannadice this weekend and that level of away support can definitely act as an incentive to get players on board.

“For away games like Dundee United, we sell more tickets than Rangers and Celtic.

“Aberdeen are the top attraction at Tannadice.

“That will immediately show potential players the size and ambition of Aberdeen, and what it means to play for a big club like this.â€

Dundee United will operate cash turnstiles for the clash.

With a huge away support expected, Dons supporters are advised to turn up early.

And Calderwood is targeting a New Firm derby win to reward what he regards as Scotland’s best travelling support.

“It will be a tough game but we are definitely looking to get a win,†he said.

“Aberdeen took 2,000 down to Tynecastle recently, even though we were near the foot of the table, which is unbelievable.

“The first year I was at Pittodrie I couldn’t believe the number of fans who had travelled down to support us at Tannadice.

“We arrived in the bus at 1.45pm and already the fans were queuing around the block. There were thousands of them.

“When you see that it really spurs the players on.â€

Tommy Wright and Stuart Duff face lengthy lay-offs because of injuries.

Striker Wright has an Achilles tendon problem and will miss Saturday’s match.

Former United midfielder Duff is also out of the trip and may need surgery to a knee injury.

Jamie Smith is a doubt with a tight calf.

Nothing like a bit of arse kissing  :-*

Good to see JC trying to introduce the MPB* into the equation for this game. I plan to be at the gates for 6am.

*The Madrid panic button or MPB is an affectionate term used to describe the blind hysteria that surrounded Aberdeen Football Clubs allocation of tickets for a recent away game in Europe where everyone got in.

Good to see JC trying to introduce the MPB* into the equation for this game. I plan to be at the gates for 6am.

*The Madrid panic button or MPB is an affectionate term used to describe the blind hysteria that surrounded Aberdeen Football Clubs allocation of tickets for a recent away game in Europe where everyone got in.

:lolabove:

:lolabove:

Quality Ajja!