Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Stupid Remark

After coming back from Tynecastle on Saturday night I went to my local and spoke to a Jambo who wasn`t at the game.  He asked me if it was a penalty.  I was honest enough to say I thought from where I was standing it was, although relived when the ref took back his decision because I felt to lose to a late spot-kick would have been a bit of an injustice as we were worth our point.  Especially having hit the woodwork twice in the second-half.

This Jambo who plays for a Darts team in the town that has lost only one match in four years (to my waste of space team 8-4!) came back with the remark;

"Doesn`t mean you deserve anything from a game just because you hit the frame of the goal more than once.  That`s like saying I should win my leg of darts because I went for a double and it bounced off the wire numerous times."

What an idiot! One of those blokes who always has an answer for everything. 

Hey after we took the first of the doubles that night to go 1-0 and stop the granny I said if we win from here I`ll buy the whole side a drink.  Probably just as well we were playing in the Royal British Legion because being tee-total I hate buying a round of drinks for folk that leave full glasses and bottles untouched before going home.  What a waste of money! 

Round for eight men cost £12.35 and I have the receipt hanging by the fridge magnet in the kitchen as prove.  Teammates made me ask for one they were in such disbelief that I stuck to my promise.

SeeBass

Hey after we took the first of the doubles that night to go 1-0 and stop the granny I said if we win from here I`ll buy the whole side a drink.  Probably just as well we were playing in the Royal British Legion because being tee-total I hate buying a round of drinks for folk that leave full glasses and bottles untouched before going home.  What a waste of money!   

Round for eight men cost £12.35 and I have the receipt hanging by the fridge magnet in the kitchen as prove.  Teammates made me ask for one they were in such disbelief that I stuck to my promise.

SeeBass

;D

Classic. Good man, Seebass!

SeeBass

Why was it so important to stop her, is she their top player ???

Guest swaddon

Christ, how old does that make you 12?

Or do you not remember 1995?

Maybe he's talking about the younger generation who have never seen Aberdeen win anything, apart from finishing high up in the table and playing in Europe, which is what passes for success these days.