Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hearts v Aberdeen

FRUSTRATED Don Charlie Mulgrew is desperate to get over his red card disappointment by starring against Hearts on Saturday.

The left-back was controversially sent off for handball against Hibs on October 4.

After an unsuccessful appeal, the 22-year-old was banned for last weekend’s 1-0 win at Falkirk.

Mulgrew admits he was gutted to miss out against the Bairns.

He said: “It’s only been a week, but it feels a lot longer.â€

The former Celtic player was sent off for illegally stopping the ball on his own goal-line but only after it was flicked on by an offside Steven Fletcher.

Mulgrew is aggrieved at the rough treatment he has suffered and would love to put it to the back of his mind by playing at Tynecastle.

He said: “I am really looking forward to Saturday’s game and hopefully I can be involved.

“I was very disappointed to be sent off in the first place and then I thought maybe with the appeal they would get it right but it wasn’t to be.

“I feel harshly treated, but I’ve just got to look forward to the next game and get on with it.â€

The SFA told Aberdeen it was pointless to appeal Mulgrew’s dismissal.

Only the call to penalise the defender for deliberate handball could be questioned and not the build-up, despite referee Mike McCurry admitting he should have ruled Fletcher was offside.

Mulgrew added: “I thought they would look at it logically but I don’t know what angle they are coming from.

“It is done and dusted now and I don’t want to look back at the past, only forward to Saturday.â€

A rejuvenated Hearts will go into the game with the Dons following an encouraging Edinburgh derby performance at Easter Road on Sunday.

Bruno Aguiar’s sweet free-kick earned a 1-1 draw with Hibs in a pulsating contest the Jambos could well have won.

Despite Aberdeen's slow beginning to the campaign, Mulgrew is confident they can come out on top at Tynecastle.

He said: “People keep mentioning our start to the season but that is behind us and we won at Falkirk.

“We are looking to do better as every game goes on. If we can battle well and play to our potential then we can win against Hearts.â€

Got a good feeling about this match for some reason.

Didnt make it down to Tynie last season for the game thankfully but last 3 or 4 times I have been we have never lost and im going this weekend.

2-1 Aberdeen and I hope Severin  scores to shut the minks up

Got a good feeling about this match for some reason.

Didnt make it down to Tynie last season for the game thankfully but last 3 or 4 times I have been we have never lost and im going this weekend.

2-1 Aberdeen and I hope Severin  scores to shut the minks up

I've been 7 times.

I've witnessed 7 defeats.

I'm going tomorrow!

:thumbsup:

From the EE

[glow=red,2,300]Diamond fit for Jambos joust[/glow]

Published: 24/10/2008

ZANDER Diamond has won his fitness battle and is in line to start against Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow.

The Dons defender had been sidelined with a flu bug but has recovered in time and will travel to the capital.

Diamond has also been struggling with a foot injury but successfully came through training today.

Mark Kerr has also recovered from the flu bug that has hit Pittodrie and will take his place in the squad for Tynecastle after being laid low for 48 hours.

However, there remains a doubt over the availability of midfielder Gary McDonald who is also affected by the bug.

No, only a win against the minky bastards is EVER good enough!

Well on the evidence of yesterday I thought a point well fought for, especially in the second half, desperately unlucky not to score a couple though the pen seemed a bit of an escape.

A game I thoroughly enjoyed and a draw was maybe about right but I think had we scored with either of the shots that scudded the wid we would have gone on to win.

Good result for us. Like someone else said I thought if Hodgkiss or Miller's shot had gone in we'd have gone on to win.

There were a lot of positives to take from that performance particularly the defence. I thought Diamond and Mair were outstanding. Considine isn't a full back but still did a good job as did Hodgkiss.

In the midfield Severin was superb, throwing himself into countless challenges and his passing was great.  Aluko's pace and close control were causing Hearts a few problems, and Derek Young was good if unspectacular.

Mackie ran himself into the ground and took his goal very well.  That his best performance in a long time.

Im still in shock that the ref changed his mind  :o

I said at the time Stewart dived and couldn't believe the ref awarded a penalty.

Good shout from the linesman :thumbsup: