Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Deano - players should get pissed

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/879218

Windass: Players should hit bevvy!

Deano’s cure for Aberdeen’s ills!

Published: 09/10/2008

DEAN Windass reckons a night on the lash is what the Dons need to help get them off the bottom of the SPL.

Former Aberdeen hero Dean says a pub crawl around the Granite City would help the team bond and get them in the mood for the fight to get back up the league table.

Dean said: “When players are under as much pressure as the Aberdeen lads, they need to let off some steam.â€

Anyone want to suggest a route or pubs to visit?

I suggest they start at Peep Peeps

Guest Caroline B

Imagine the caning the players would get from the supporters if the were seen out on the town after another home defeat?

Most of the players would be run out of town if they were spotted out on the piss after another dodgy performance. It would do more bad than good.

Imagine the caning the players would get from the supporters when the were seen out on the town after another home defeat?

Most of the players would be run out of town if they were spotted out on the piss after another dodgy performance. It would do more bad than good.

Corrected that for you.

Back on topic:

You could argue that getting slaughtered isn’t going to help professional athletes but then that would be more poignant if they were playing in a better league.  But then again you could argue if they want to better themselves or go on to play in a better league then they should treat their bodies the way professionals do in better leagues.

But I think that most if not all of our squad along with most players in other teams across Scotland know that they’re not going to be head hunted by some foreign outfit in the Bundas or La Liga.  That they’ve reached their peak and that a few drinks here and there aren’t going to make that much difference to their game.

As with any other job, as long as it’s not affecting your working day – coming in pished, crippled with a hangover, turning up late, sleeping on the job, etc – then I don’t think it’s really that big an issue as I’m sure it does help a group of lads gel together better.  As long as it doesn’t turn into a drinking culture and it does actually help them achieve something in some sort of capacity then I don’t really care what they chuck down their throats, stick up their noses or shove up their bums.

Just as long as it gets the job done on the park!

Back on topic:

You could argue that getting slaughtered isn’t going to help professional athletes but then that would be more poignant if they were playing in a better league.  But then again you could argue if they want to better themselves or go on to play in a better league then they should treat their bodies the way professionals do in better leagues.

But I think that most if not all of our squad along with most players in other teams across Scotland know that they’re not going to be head hunted by some foreign outfit in the Bundas or La Liga.  That they’ve reached their peak and that a few drinks here and there aren’t going to make that much difference to their game.

As with any other job, as long as it’s not affecting your working day – coming in pished, crippled with a hangover, turning up late, sleeping on the job, etc – then I don’t think it’s really that big an issue as I’m sure it does help a group of lads gel together better.  As long as it doesn’t turn into a drinking culture and it does actually help them achieve something in some sort of capacity then I don’t really care what they chuck down their throats, stick up their noses or shove up their bums.

Just as long as it gets the job done on the park!

The fact their ability is clearing lacking from that of the players in other leagues should surely mean that anything that improves fitness should be adhered to more?

But, I do agree with you that as long as it doesn't effect their jobs, then I don't really care what they do.

The fact their ability is clearing lacking from that of the players in other leagues should surely mean that anything that improves fitness should be adhered to more?

Do you think King Joey or Deano would be (have been) any better if they hadn't enjoyed a few pints?

Our current squad are lacking in ability because Scottish football is shit and that goes from grass roots all the way to the shambles last weekend where some no-mark couldn’t stick a ball in an empty net.

With the exception of Seve I can’t remember seeing many of our team huffing and puffing their way through games so it’s clearly not affecting their fitness.  Or at least not affecting it that we can see a difference between the likes of Caley who's manager promotes a better lifestyle or any other team in the league.

Not being able to kill a ball dead isn’t because you was propping up the bar at liquid last Wednesday, it’s just that you’re not very good.  You could of course argue that more time on the training ground and less in the pub might help though.

Do you think King Joey or Deano would be (have been) any better if they hadn't enjoyed a few pints?

Our current squad are lacking in ability because Scottish football is shit and that goes from grass roots all the way to the shambles last weekend where some no-mark couldn’t stick a ball in an empty net.

With the exception of Seve I can’t remember seeing many of our team huffing and puffing their way through games so it’s clearly not affecting their fitness.  Or at least not affecting it that we can see a difference between the likes of Caley who's manager promotes a better lifestyle or any other team in the league.

Not being able to kill a ball dead isn’t because you was propping up the bar at liquid last Wednesday, it’s just that you’re not very good.  You could of course argue that more time on the training ground and less in the pub might help though.

Don't really think that anyone could say for certain re Harper or Windass. The fact Windass has now cut the drinking down dramatically, he looks a lot fitter now than he did with us.

any amount of sustained drinking throughout the season isn't going to help their reactions and sharpness so maybe not being in liquid on Wednesday evening would help you trap a ball, then again, if they're professional footballers and they can't trap a ball, that extra time in training you speak of should perhaps be utilised.