Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: Duff - I’m hurting as much as fans

ABERDEEN’S Stuart Duff today claimed he is hurting as much as the Red Army at their poor results.

The midfielder was a Pittodrie season ticket holder as a child, and is distraught the Dons are second bottom of the SPL.

And he admits Aberdeen have let the fans down.

The Dons have yet to win at Pittodrie this season, and Duff is determined to end that home drought against Hibs tomorrow.

He said: “I really feel the disappointment at our home form because I come from Aberdeen and support the team.

“I used to sit in the Main Stand as a kid and my parents still have season tickets.

“Unfortunately the supporters have had a hard time lately because we have let them down with our home form.

“Our fans pay good money every week to watch us and we are not putting in the performances.

“Losing at Pittodrie really gets to the players and we know we have not been playing well at home.

“We just have to go for it against Hibs tomorrow and do everything we can to get the win.â€

The fans booed the players off the pitch after their last home game, a 1-0 loss to Dundee United.

But Duff reckons their support will be invaluable, despite Aberdeen’s shocking home form.

“Aberdeen are one of the few teams who get a strong, loyal crowd of around 12,000 consistently turning out,†he said.

“No disrespect to Dundee United but the Pittodrie crowd was one of the main reasons I signed for Aberdeen.

“I want to win at Pittodrie as the fans deserve that.â€

Duff came in from the cold to start in the 3-2 loss to Celtic last weekend.

Just three weeks earlier he had fallen so far down the Dons pecking order he did not even make the squad – and watched the action from the stands.

“I was not performing anywhere near the level that I should be,†he said.

“I told the manager I would work even harder.

“All I can do is work as hard as I can and give my all. If it is not good enough I will hold my hands up, but I want to do my very best for Aberdeen.â€

thumbnail.aspx?refId=1949105

Is it just me or does he look like H from steps?

Is it just me or does he look like H from steps?

Wishful thinking there mizer ?

I'm bored rigid with the bleeding hearts coming out of Pittodrie. You might be hurting, so I suggest you take a long hard look at whats going on around you and SHUT THE FUCK UP. You at least have the position and power to affect it so go out and FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT FOR FUCK SAKE.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: