Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Funds for the club - Oil?!?

Guest swaddon

Years ago maybe, now - no.

I'm sure I heard a rumour that dick turned down a substantial amount from Shell back in the day.

I've heard that as well. Fair play to him for not selling out, but if this is true, then perhaps we wouldn't be in such a sotter if he had taken Shell's money.

Guest fatshaft

there's no chance of it - the big majors are cutting back in the north sea... and the "oil companies" that do alot of the drilling now are nothing more than a group of financiers and investment companies with a couple of geologists and petrophysists who've convinced them to take a gamble.

It wouldn't go down well with many folk if the oil majors pumped money into the football club while sacking people in the offices and selling off their platforms.

Again it comes down to certain elements of our support taking an over simplistic tabloid view of life.

Post of the year.  :clap:

two claps in one day?

What the fuck is going on?

I think rocket is right - this board has been infiltrated  :o

Reekie - ye better start running the virus scanners through yer server and get that firewall checked... I'll reboot my computer and get some more bevvy down my neck - then I'll be back and be ready for more  :wave:'s,  >:('s, and boos

Fuck off  ;)

there's no chance of it - the big majors are cutting back in the north sea... and the "oil companies" that do alot of the drilling now are nothing more than a group of financiers and investment companies with a couple of geologists and petrophysists who've convinced them to take a gamble.

It wouldn't go down well with many folk if the oil majors pumped money into the football club while sacking people in the offices and selling off their platforms.

Again it comes down to certain elements of our support taking an over simplistic tabloid view of life.

Correct.

However, there is investment from the industry towards AFC and we are quite heavily sponsored by it...just look around the advertising boards at Pittodrie. I'm not sure how much revenue that generates, but the support is there. Matchday sponsors, corporate entertainment, season tickets for staff....it all adds up.

The majors are huge multinational corporations who would gain nothing from involvement with AFC. Just because they have a regional HQ here, doesn't mean they should have any allegiance towards us. It would be nice though! The only real involvement is usually in community projects, youth development or charity events...all good local PR for relatively little investment for majors.

two claps in one day?

What the fuck is going on?

I think rocket is right - this board has been infiltrated  :o

Reekie - ye better start running the virus scanners through yer server and get that firewall checked... I'll reboot my computer and get some more bevvy down my neck - then I'll be back and be ready for more  :wave:'s,  >:('s, and boos

You have the clap?

Hartlepool Town are sponsored by Larsen Oil & Gas and Dove Energy, and used to be sponsored by DNO.

Grimsby Town are moving to a new stadium named the Conoco Stadium after ConocoPhillips.

While it's wrong to expect oil companies to throw money at us, there's certainly scope to seek investment from such companies if we're ambitious enough.

Guest fatshaft

Hartlepool Town are sponsored by Larsen Oil & Gas and Dove Energy, and used to be sponsored by DNO.

Grimsby Town are moving to a new stadium named the Conoco Stadium after ConocoPhillips.

While it's wrong to expect oil companies to throw money at us, there's certainly scope to seek investment from such companies if we're ambitious enough.

Trouble is, the club is steeped in Aberdonian-ness. 'Och I didnae like tae bother them'

Guest fatshaft

Well there's more than one sponsor on both of those shirts.  If it means money for the club then I don't care if they run around looking like F1 pit crew.

I don't think that's permitted here is it?

Guest fatshaft

From club shop website....

Is that a sponsor?  ???

I see there's a Gothenburg Greats DVD too - 16 quid for two doovds

is that for pigeon fanciers?