Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Matches to decide JC's future?

Two matches before and 3 after the International break. 3 of them away from home and 2 at home.

Could we be seeing protest outside the Main Stand on the 1st November.

I hope we turn things around but looks like a tricky set of fixtures, especially with Hibs having got a boost from the re-signing of Riordan.

Lot could depend on the game at Parkhead.  Get hammered and I fear for us over the next few weeks.  I certainly can't imagine we will be seeing chants of "we'll win 6-5" like we got when Ebbe was manager if we go 5 down on Saturday. Anything else and we might get a wee boost.

Saturday, 27 September 2008

Celtic v Aberdeen, 15:00

Saturday, 04 October 2008

Aberdeen v Hibernian, 15:00

Saturday, 18 October 2008

Falkirk v Aberdeen, 15:00

Saturday, 25th October 2008

Hearts v Aberdeen, 15:00

Saturday, 01 November 2008

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock, 15:00

Saturday, 04 October 2008

Aberdeen v Hibernian, 15:00

Saturday, 18 October 2008

Falkirk v Aberdeen, 15:00

Saturday, 25th October 2008

Hearts v Aberdeen, 15:00

Saturday, 01 November 2008

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock, 15:00

9 points has to be the target for these 4 games.

I would give him until the Kilmarnock game to see if he can turn it round.

9 points has to be the target for these 4 games.

I would give him until the Kilmarnock game to see if he can turn it round.

yeah that will be a full cycle of 11 games and will give the best idea of where we really are (well will give JC an idea of where we really are as I think most of us fear we know already)

As a comparison, and as folk have said we have more points now than at the same point last season, here is our 11 game record last year, when most folk would agree we had (another) poor start:

Pos  Name        P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

6  Aberdeen     11 2 2 2 10 7 2 1 2 6 8 +1  15

So 8points would be break even with a poor start last year

9 points is not at an unreasonable target from those games - win both home games, and the away one at Falkirk.

However..................  Killie just fired 4 past us, we've squeeked past Hibs and F'kirk in the past.......

The jungle drums are rumbling.

We should have 9 points more than we do just now, if we've any illusion of achieving anything resembling success.

I think most people have made their mind up about JC already.  ::)

I think they have too.

But he ain't gonna get sacked for getting knocked out the league cup, we all know that.

He may well be facing the boot if the next few games carry on as the previous lot have gone.

You know I have had problems with JC for a few years, but given the relative success I have ignored my concerns and backed him.  The Killie game immediately after the Bayern game was the first time that I really questioned whether I was doing the right thing.

Having endured all the games, apart from St Mirren, up until tonight I can safely say that he can't go quick enough.

I was off work today, have nothing to stressful to do tomorrow and live 20mins from Rugby Park but I had absolutely no interest in going to the game tonight.  I have a ticket for Saturday so will go, but have pretty much decided I'm not going to bother with Hibs at home and will probably leave Falkirk and Hearts till nearer the day before deciding if I go. 

Sure there was the odd exciting league game last season but the Rangers game at the end of the season apart I am really struggling to remember when I last enjoyed watching the Dons play a domestic game.  Something needs to change, and change fast, and as far as I can see that change needs to be JC