Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Michael Paton joins Brechin City on loan

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1402051,00.html

width=249 height=212http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/bc/79/0,,10284~3766716,00.jpg[/img]

Aberdeen striker Michael Paton has joined Brechin City on loan. Michael was on loan at Glebe Park during the second half of last season and will join up with Michael O'Neill's men for short a spell. The clubs have just agreed a one month loan deal.

And in other news

Rogvi Holm has been called up to the Faroe Islands U19 squad. They are playing in a mini tournament in Minsk in Belarus. Spain Switzerland, Belarus and the Faroe Islands are all taking part. (29 Sept - 9 Oct)

Sammy Stewart has been called up to the Northern Ireland U19 squad. They are playing a mini tournament against in Belfast. England, Serbia, Albania and Northern Ireland are all taking part. (8-13 October)

Three Aberdeen players have been called up to the Scotland U17 squad for the UEFA European U-17 Championship 2008/09 Qualifying Round. Scotland are in Group 11 and will play all the games in France from the 23 September - 2 October.

The three players called up are Fraser Fyvie, Callum McRobbie and Ryan Jack

Surely these players cant be part of our "terrible" youth set up? . . . .

Looking down that queue, the guy at the front has realised the potential of Brechin City at present. Now I don't want to be the harbinger of doom but I'm also not too impressed by U-19 NI or FI squads.

We always seem to have players in international squads then they get released later on.  In last year i can think of Bagshaw, Kelly, McVitie, Donald, Kiely and Strachan that we have binned.  Something wrong somewhere.

Most/all of these players are now playing in lower leagues (e.g. Peterhead, Montrose).

or © shouldn't have been brought into the AFC youth setup full stop.

Nae sure i understand what you are saying.  If deemed good enough to represent their country then must be something there but that something far too often turns out to be nothing and these players disappear. 

But if "shouldn't have been brought into the AFC youth setup full stop" then huge problem with our scouting (which most seem to acknowledge anyway).

Nae sure i understand what you are saying.  If deemed good enough to represent their country then must be something there but that something far too often turns out to be nothing and these players disappear. 

But if "shouldn't have been brought into the AFC youth setup full stop" then huge problem with our scouting (which most seem to acknowledge anyway).

That was what I was saying, but it sounds like there's something wrong at international level if they end up at Peterhead a year later.

That was what I was saying, but it sounds like there's something wrong at international level if they end up at Peterhead a year later.

Aye - Suprised any of our youngsters get call ups as most of the younger sides are run by old firm sympathisers who get job due to handful of games for one of gruesome twosome.