Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Greatest Ever Goals...

Has there been a debate about the greatest ever goal scored by an Aberdeen player under the following headings?

1.At Pittodrie

2.Away from home

3.In the Premier League

4.In the Scottish Cup

5.In the League Cup

6.In Europe

7.At Hampden,

8.Individually and or collectively

9.A Dons player representing Scotland

Is there scope for a discussion?

SeeBass

1.At Pittodrie - Sheerin v Dunfermline about 5 years ago

2.Away from home - Jess v Hearts in 91

3.In the Premier League - See option 1 and 2

4.In the Scottish Cup - Zerouali freekick against St Mirren

5.In the League Cup - Dodds v Huns in Semi final

6.In Europe - Smith v Copenhagen

7.At Hampden, - Cooper v Huns in Scottish Cup final

8.Individually and or collectively

9.A Dons player representing Scotland - McKimmie v Argentina

1.At Pittodrie - Shearer versus the jutes to effectively send them down. Wonderful strike and meant shitloads to our club. And got to laugh at the Jutes for a season at least.

2.Away from home - toss up between Frank McDougall's third against Hearts or Jess's at Ibronx.

3.In the Premier League - see options 1 & 2, would also chuck in Brian Grant and Peter Nicholas at Parkhead and charlie nicholas v celtic at Pittodrie

4.In the Scottish Cup - John Hewitt's first v Hearts in 86

5.In the League Cup - Shearer v the huns in the 92 final

6.In Europe - Craig Robertson v Rapid Vienna

7.At Hampden - see 4

8.Individually and or collectively - paul kane at ibronx as mentioned by Tom.

9.A Dons player representing Scotland - McKimmie v Argentina

My answers would probably change tomorrow if asked again, but that'll do for now.

I personally think Walker's goal that night was better for the way he curled it round the defender into the corner

Granted it was a peach also but Sone flicked over the defenders head controlled it and put it under the keeper. Wasn't a brilliant shot to beat the keeper but the way he lifted left foot over the defender controlled it on his chest and hit before it touched the ground is nothing short of brilliant skill. Walker's goal was a simple cut back but very good finish as it curled some way.

All our goals in Europe last year gave me a dilemma. 

Was Mackie`s finish in the Ukraine better than Hewitt`s against Madrid?  Why did I think Derek Young had scored the opener when head to head with Lokomotiv?  Smith`s second put me in tears because of the sheer noise and disbelief everybody made apparent.  And what was the outer body experience all about when Antonsson gifted us our third?  What was Foster doing so far forward when putting the icing on the cake with number four.  Then looking at Walker`s lovely strike going wide how come the net bulged resulting in a delayed reaction and what the hell was Michael Rensing trying to do letting Sone find the smallest hole in his goal to score.  Knowing my last memory of Stevie Lovell scoring would be locked away in an independant bookmaker`s shop freezing my bollocks off.  Madness.

SeeBass 

All our goals in Europe last year gave me a dilemma. 

Was Mackie`s finish in the Ukraine better than Hewitt`s against Madrid?  Why did I think Derek Young had scored the opener when head to head with Lokomotiv?  Smith`s second put me in tears because of the sheer noise and disbelief everybody made apparent.  And what was the outer body experience all about when Antonsson gifted us our third?  What was Foster doing so far forward when putting the icing on the cake with number four.  Then looking at Walker`s lovely strike going wide how come the net bulged resulting in a delayed reaction and what the hell was Michael Rensing trying to do letting Sone find the smallest hole in his goal to score.  Knowing my last memory of Stevie Lovell scoring would be locked away in an independant bookmaker`s shop freezing my bollocks off.  Madness.

SeeBass 

J. Fritzl's Independant Bookmakers?

As for No1. What about Mimms - Gillhaus - Nicholas - GOAL!, versus Celtic circa 1990.

and No6. Rico's versus Torino?

1.At Pittodrie, Seve goal against the huns,

2.Away from home, Jess at Ibrox, 95

3.In the Premier League, Jess again

4.In the Scottish Cup,  Gotta be Andy Dow for myself against Hibs

5.In the League Cup, Shearer in the final against Dundee in 95, just cause its the only trophy ive seen us win.

6.In Europe,  id go for simmy in the semi against waterschei. Mcliesh's or hewitt against bayern/madrid for importance though.

7.At Hampden, Gotta be Dow again for me, that goal has to be the best team goal ive ever seen us score.

8.Individually and or collectively, Team goal, Dow against Hibs. Individual, Simmy against Waterschei

9.A Dons player representing Scotland, Never seen McKimmies goal, only 2 ive seen are Jess against Czech Republic and Booth against Russia, and im gonna go for Booth.