Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Worst Views

1. Parkhead

2. Celtic Park

3. That one in the East End of Glasgow

Only being able to see one fucking set of goals in the ground is ridiculous. Plus, when you can't see the game you have to endure the pig-ugliest football fans in Scotland, bar none. And I'm not referring to our away support, before anyone starts.

So what your telling me is that when Mackie scored that winner in the Cup last season it was hard to appreciate the victory until seeing it again on TV.

Mizer I agree about the Upper RDS although I would miss the atmosphere spawned if I went to another part of the stadium.  When Jamie Smith lined up his first against Copenhagen I remember thinking;

"You outrageous b*****d!"  simply because the angle at which I was seeing it at (two rows from the top)was deceiving.  Not until everybody was jumping about like daftdies did I realise it was a goal and not before replays later in the week did I get the ultimate enjoyment.

Take Care!

SeeBass 

So what your telling me is that when Mackie scored that winner in the Cup last season it was hard to appreciate the victory until seeing it again on TV.

Don't think anyone has said that. If you've never been to Parkhead, you can see both goal mouths ok, but can't see the touchline of the nearside after the halfway line from some "vantage" points.

no contest

parkhead

Everywhere else in the league is fine

100% correct.

Some of the views i've had at Celtic Park over the years have been a disgrace for

a so-called state-of-the-art stadium  :-[>:D

The only other stadium that has an issue is at Tannalice in the Shed with one of the

poles in your line of vision but everywhere else you get unobstructed views !?!?

Which away grounds do you think have the worst viewing from our perspective?  My top three are as follows, Falkirk, Kilmarnock then Dundee United. 

The away ground with the worst viewing from our perspective is definitely Parkhead, by far.

What is the problem with the view at the grounds you mentioned?.

No-one was saying nor implying that, and I can't comment on Mackie's winner as was dancing around my Mum's living room!

However,  I certainly did appreciate (understatement!) Budgie ("I scored the winner at Parkhead is my epitaph") Stewart's winner in the 2-3 game at Parkhead,  ;D,  despite watching alot of the game viewing side to side around a pillar, watching a grainy tv picture and being told to sit down despite there being no seat to sit on  ::)

Shortly after the game I did have to suppress my appreciation for the goal and victory during a 2 hour journey home in a Sellick supporters bus, and for those that know me keeping  :-X was no mean feat!  :rofl:

I did allow myself a wee smug smile at times of course!  :thumbsup:

Unless someone said that I'd doubt it. A wordsmith like you should already know that though.

Parkhead, absolutely no contest.

The 3 you mentioned actually have good views of the match, United of course being a terrible stadium but there is no disputing the view there.

Porkheid - that fuckin pillar!

Fir Hill - if you're sitting up the back of the Main Stand, you can see fuckall of the opposite half of the pitch. I remember a woeful defeat in the 2002/03 season when we were just absolutely shit. Most of the red army were housed in the North Stand, but a handful of us were chucked into the Main Stand. Worst match I've seen in a LONG LONG time. Not just for the performance by the Dons, but also because I could only see about two-thirds of the pitch.

Section Y - anyone who's stood on The Y will vouch for me when I say that I've never seen the corner over between the Merkland and Main stands.

Maybe view was the wrong word then.  I find when we shoot into the far end at Kilmarnock and Falkirk (especially The Bairns because they have no stand to seperate the goal from the white board they have up the now) I have trouble in seeing proceedings and this really annoys me.