Club shop discount

Once upon a time season ticket holders all got discount.

The it was only share holders that got discount.

Now you have to be a share holder with over 250 shares to get discount.

So how many share holders with over 250 shares will actually go into the shop and purchase anything?

It would be interesting to know how many of the share holders actually fall into the catagory to receive the discount.

Why reward the loyalty of season ticket holders? Why reward those daft enough to buy shares and give their money to the club at a time were they were desperate, knowing full well that they would never ever get a divided payment for that share.

Then the club announces and insentive scheme to get fathers and sons back to the games with a competition for them all to enter. What about something similar for those that have been going for years with out any insentive other than seeing the team they support? Don't get me wrong on that one, I applaud anything to get fans back through the gate, but they should still remember those that have been there through think and thin, and when / if the sh*t hits the fan will still be there putting their hands in their pockets long after the deserters have gone again!

Mainly because they are trying to run a business I would guess.

Promotion is a great tool for attracting new customers but its not particularly good if you deploy it with existing customers. With existing customers all you do is give up margin on sales you would expect anyway and margin equals profit.

I'm not saying you shouldn't expect something for your loyalty but a business who is struggling (as we are) to make any kind of profit will be reluctant to give away what small margin it has to people who are spending their money anyway.

I already know that when I buy my season ticket, I get into a few games for free over the course of the season compared to paying at the gate each game.

Surely the opportunity to watch your club at a net reduced rate should be enough of an incentive in itself? What more incentive should you need in order to do indulge in something you love?

I don't really buy my season ticket on the basis I save myself money over the season, although I accept that there may be others that do. I like my season ticket for getting the same seat every week in an area of the stadium I want to sit, close to friends who I like to sit beside. This is my insentive on purchasing a season ticket rather than playing Russian Roullette every week and ending up sitting next to the missing link with Tourettes.

My main gripe in the original email was the new rules on discount at the club shop. I just don't see why they have even bothered keeping it at all, even for those with over 250 shares. How many share holders have over 250 and how many will actually take up the discount offer, ever?

I purchased some insensitive incense from the shop once. Paid full price too.

Obvisually not a very cencible thing to do.

I don't really buy my season ticket on the basis I save myself money over the season, although I accept that there may be others that do. I like my season ticket for getting the same seat every week in an area of the stadium I want to sit, close to friends who I like to sit beside. This is my insentive on purchasing a season ticket rather than playing Russian Roullette every week and ending up sitting next to the missing link with Tourettes.

There's actually a wee guy quite near me in the RDU who fits this description incredibly accurately.

;D

Obvisually not a very cencible thing to do.

There's actually a wee guy quite near me in the RDU who fits this description incredibly accurately.

;D

My name is TenementFunster and I am a sufferer of F.I.T. (Foster Induced Tourettes), I wholeheartedly apologise to all those who are either sencitive to foul language or have been incenced by it.

I may be the missing link but I'm not wee.  ;)

I used to have 260 shares, which I think was the minimum you could buy at the original flotation. The subsequent reshuffling/reflotation/share jiggery pokery reduced that holding to 88 or maybe 86.

I never bought the shares with a view to what benefits they would bring me (which is just as well) - I think that getting a jump on the queue for in demand match tickets is the only positive thing I get from them, other than the warm glow inside generated by being part of the Dons family  ::)

My name is TenementFunster and I am a sufferer of F.I.T. (Foster Induced Tourettes), I wholeheartedly apologise to all those who are either sencitive to foul language or have been incenced by it.

I may be the missing link but I'm not wee.  ;)

Having seen your ugly mug on the DonsTalk wall of shame, I can assure you that it's not you.

;)

No; the offender is a wee lad - probably not much over 5'3" - and has a tendency to repeat exactly what's been shouted by the fella standing next to him just 5 seconds before, regardless of whether he actually knows him or not. He also makes these... er... noises. The closest comparison I can think of is washed up 80s comedy superstar Bobcat Goldthwaite and his vocal stylings: growls/whines/strangling sounds etc.

He also seems happily oblivious to the fact that so many people try to take the piss out of him (sometimes quite cruelly, I might add). He also seems totally harmless, even if he does seem a bit unstable when he loses it at the referee, moves up an octave and starts spewing forth second-hand insults, slobbering all over the guy in front of him in the process. Anyone else who sits even remotely near this guy will know exactly who I'm talking about.

As my Granny would always say: ar's neen so queer as folk.

Having seen your ugly mug on the DonsTalk wall of shame, I can assure you that it's not you.

;)

No; the offender is a wee lad - probably not much over 5'3" - and has a tendency to repeat exactly what's been shouted by the fella standing next to him just 5 seconds before, regardless of whether he actually knows him or not. He also makes these... er... noises. The closest comparison I can think of is washed up 80s comedy superstar Bobcat Goldthwaite and his vocal stylings: growls/whines/strangling sounds etc.

He also seems happily oblivious to the fact that so many people try to take the piss out of him (sometimes quite cruelly, I might add). He also seems totally harmless, even if he does seem a bit unstable when he loses it at the referee, moves up an octave and starts spewing forth second-hand insults, slobbering all over the guy in front of him in the process. Anyone else who sits even remotely near this guy will know exactly who I'm talking about.

As my Granny would always say: ar's neen so queer as folk.

Sounds remarkably like the strategy employed by the Ultras when singing a song in the Upper RDS.