Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ayr v Aberdeen + Live chat

http://www.thedandies.co.uk/messageboard/chat

Bossu starting for his first game, no Zander, Seve or Miller.

Aberdeen: Bossu, Foster, Mair, Considine, Mulgrew, Smith, Kerr McDonald, Young, Mackie, Maguire

Subs: Langfield, Wright, Duff, de Visscher, Paton

Ayr: Grindlay, Walker, Campbell, Easton, Keenan, Dempsie, Stevenson, Aitken, Borris, Prunty, Williams

Ayr ace wants chance at Dons

By Andrew Moir

Published: 28/08/2008

AYR United star Ryan Stevenson is praying his disappointing display against Aberdeen in the CIS Cup won’t wreck his chances of a Pittodrie move.

Jimmy Calderwood has been keeping tabs on the 23-year-old after an initial deal to take the midfielder north on trial collapsed.

Stevenson admits he failed to produce his best form in the Dons defeat but still has his sights set on reaching the SPL.

“I doubt if my performance in the cup will have convinced Aberdeen to take a chance on me and I know I can play better,†said Stevenson.

“I would be willing to travel up to Aberdeen for a trial if Jimmy Calderwood was to follow up his initial interest.

“I’m tied to Ayr until the end of the season and they wouldn’t want to let me leave for nothing.

“But I have never hidden my desire to go as far as I can in my profession and would love a crack at the SPL with Aberdeen.

“I haven’t heard anything more about a move, but I’m just delighted to even be mentioned in any connection with such a big club.

“I’d just love to be part of Jimmy Calderwood’s team at Pittodrie and when SPL teams visit Somerset Park it’s important to impress.â€

Stevenson reckons Ayr can take heart from their encouraging cup display.

He added: “Aberdeen dominated in spells but overall we held our own against a top class full time club which has to give us hope for the future.â€