Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ayr United Tomorrow

This has got to be one of the most unmentioned matches ever. I hope the players are more focused than the media and the fans.

Anyway, I'm well looking forward to it as I have never been to Somerset Park and I love terracing. I am getting bored of going to Motherwell etc all the time. They should increase the SPL to 16 teams or at the very least make it 2 up and 2 down. The league needs a bit of life injected into it. The fans and the players are bored of playing the same teams ALL the time.

Anyone else going? Think I will be in the Horseshoe Bar which is about 5/10 mins from the ground.

Guest swaddon

I have the same bad feeling about this game as I did for the Queen of the South game. I think we're going to lose. We often follow up a good result with a terrible one.

I am thinking that Jimmy could go with this team:

Bossu

Foster Mair Considine S Smith

de Visscher Kerr McDonald J Smith

Maguire Wright

Reckon he would risk it?

Yes.

That team still has enough to beat Ayr United though DeVisscher  should never ever be allowed near a game like this. Whoever comes in has to put in the necessary effort and he won't.

Last was Stirling Albions ground last season but that wasn't with Aberdeen.

Same actually. Went to Forthbank five times last season, saw them lose four times, the one time I saw them win was when I was in the away support.  :-\

really looking forward to it.

Seems like fucking ages since I was at a new ground.  Last was Stirling Albions ground last season but that wasn't with Aberdeen.

The last new ground I visited in Scotland with Aberdeen was probably Falkirk when they came up :o

Crikey GS, could describe Somerset Park as a lot of things but new !!!

;)

Guest swaddon

I won't give a hoot if we get knocked oot the CIS.

Leaves more time to concentrate on the league and Scottish cup - and if we got knocked out I would expect a close run to 2nd place in the league and nothing short of the final in the Scottish cup.

Although, most fans are expecting 2 finals this year - and will only accept it if we get knocked out by celtic or rangers.

Saying all that though - I think we'll pump Ayr

I know there is no reward for winning the CIS cup apart from a nice trophy, but I would love to see us win something this season, even if it is just the league cup.

Crikey GS, could describe Somerset Park as a lot of things but new !!!

;)

probably the first and last time I'll be at Somerset Park as they are moving to a new off the peg ground in the near future.

Can't be many proper football grounds left in the country as we have been swamped by dull, soulless, lego brick grounds with one or two stands