Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Signings

Right, 3 games into the season now, what are we thinking of the new signings?

A few we haven't had a chance to see properly, but had a good chance to see Mulgrew, Kerr and McDonald.

How are they compared to who left at the end of last season?

Mulgrew, very impressed with. Got caught out twice yesterday when trying to play his way out of defence, but other than that, great (right footed) cross for the goal, and overall play has been great so far

Kerr, seems content to pay the Neil Lennon role in our team, but need him to get forward a bit more. Also, disgraceful hair style, needs a shinhead as soon as. Not his fault he is going prematurely bald, but needs must.

McDonald, better 2nd half yesterday, but bottled a 50/50 which is a big no no in a Hun game. Have to trust big Caldo that he can come onto a game, but so far, imho, not that impressed so far. If JC signs a RB and CB this week as is being rumoured, then if Seve moves into midfield again, then his place could be in jepeordy

I think Mulgrew has played pretty well. Didn't think much of him against ICT, but seemed quite good yesterday, despite his freekicks not being as good as I would have hoped after the Motherwell game.

Kerr plays OK, but I think he go's backwards too often, not attack minded enough.

McDonald is far to slow, just seemed out of the game yesterday and can hardly remember his performance against ICT.

I think Mulgrew has played pretty well. Didn't think much of him against ICT, but seemed quite good yesterday, despite his freekicks not being as good as I would have hoped after the Motherwell game.

Kerr plays OK, but I think he go's backwards too often, not attack minded enough.

McDonald is far to slow, just seemed out of the game yesterday and can hardly remember his performance against ICT.

I can understand what you mean, but the ball doesn't always have to go forward. He can keep the ball for us, something several players for us seem utterly incapable of doing.

Guest ally s

From what I've seen this season (which isn't much).

Mulgrew has impressed me the most out of the new signings, Kerr looks like he'll do a good job, McDonald looks too slow and doesn't influence the game anywhere near as much as he should.  Can't comment on Wright, Duff, Bossu, or Stewart as I've hardly seen anything of them so far.

Mulgrew looks class. Actually noticed before the assist on saturday that he aint afraid to use his right foot. Composed, good crosser and free kick taker. Needs to work a bit on defensive positioning but should hopefully be our left back for a few years to come.

McDonald looks ok. Reminds me a bit of Dempsey but seems to lack the dynamism to by a natural replacement for Nicholson. At least seemed to know what Aberdeen v Rangers is all about.

Kerr - Dont like him. Scared of a tackle and whilst he does ok at keeping the ball moving, he seems utterly incapable of passing forward. I cant think of one completed forward pass he made on Saturday. Shriked so many challenges, needs to move out of his comfort zone and realise that there are greater expectations here than at United.

Mulgrew has been the best signing (so far) for years. Well done to Jimmy for bringing him up to Pittodrie. Kerr seems ok, not convinced about Macdonald yet, but I'm not going to get on his back.

According to MAD we are going to be signing Maybury after he failed to get a contract elsewhere. So what happened to this Dutch guy???

Guest Caroline B

Mulgrew stands out a mile as a good signing. The 2 new midfielders...what are their names?......Yes they are that annoymous, the Jury is still out but they had better start affecting matches real soon or else they may end up having a hard time from a section of the fans.

Only managed to see the Rangers game on the tele, plus the highlights of the other two games. But from what I've seen, Mulgrew looks like a priceless capture. Pretty sturdy as well, as he doesn't seem to get knocked over very easily! And a footballer who can play with BOTH feet? Well, I never thought I'd see another Aberdeen player with this ability. Some of them (Mackie) can't play with either the left OR the right, nevermind BOTH!

Mulgrew - class........ nuff said!

Kerr - doing just fine as far as im concerned.  He's not nor pretends to be a flair player.

Mcdonald - thought he was shite in the first half on sat but came onto a game in the second.  Jury's out on this boy.

Others?  dunno not seen anything of them

I must be getting McDonald and Kerr mixed up as I thought Kerr was the one shirking tackles and never completing passes?

To be honest they've both offered very little in a footballing sense.  They may well be doing a lot off the ball but I'll never get to see that on screen.

One of these lads are going to have to step up to the plate, if not both as there's a big *Seve shaped hole missing there now and neither seem to be plugging it at the moment.

*Seve when he actually was a player.