Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

U-17 player

I just bumped into a lad in Duns yesterday who saw me with my Aberdeen top on.  His name was Connor Devanney and he told me he plays for the U-17`s alongside Ryan Jack who is a good prospect for the future.

Anybody seen Mr Deveaney play?  Can`t imagine it but could there be a tiny Scottish Borders town produce a prodigy for the Pittodrie first team in a few years time!

Talk Soon, Take Care!

SeeBass

Hi there SeaBass,

It is with greatest regret that I have to echo the sentiments of those above who have not seen said individual perform.

One day, hopefully we will see him tear the Rangers defence to shreds, but for now it is just a pipedream.

I would be grateful if you could keep me informed with any updates on his progress.

Thanks in advance,

Chunk

Chunk

Mr Bass,

Unfortunately I have not heard of this young man.

I would, however, like to tell you how much I enjoy your writing. I urge you to make the most of this by, for example, writing a book.

Something to think about, I feel.

Yours,

BilboBaggins

Mr Bass,

No.

Yours forcefully,

GD

Dear Mr Bass

Great to hear from you again sir.

After consulting my vast library of AFC youth game notes and the ghost of Bob Crampsey, I am sad to say I can find no record of said player having the donned the red of Aberdeen. I am sorry to say but I think this young rascal may have been spinning you a yarn. Kids nowadays eh?

Sorry once again.

Yours in sport

stonefish100

Baggy,

I got the nickname SeeBass from that same line in Dumb and Dumber.  A couple of lads were bullyng me in the Crush Hall and I just stood there letting them abuse me without fighting back.  This other guy who was in my reg class but not a mate as such told me to:

"Kick Ass SeeBass!"

Well this did nothing but make me burst into tears with laughter and it`s stuck for the last 14-15 years.  Even the idiots that started the tirade walked away smiling.

The other one I got before this incident was:

"Feed me Seymour!" from that silly film I can`t remember.  Now I could see why with this because my surname is Seymour but I`m happy with SeeBass despite the poor connection.

Guest swaddon

Baggy,

I got the nickname SeeBass from that same line in Dumb and Dumber.  A couple of lads were bullyng me in the Crush Hall and I just stood there letting them abusing me without fighting back.  This other guy who was in my reg class but not a mate as such told me to:

"Kick Ass SeeBass!"

Well this did nothing but make me burst into tears with laughter and it`s stuck for the last 14-15 years.  Even the idiots that started the tirade walked away smiling.

The other one I got before this incident was:

"Feed me Seymour!" from that silly film I can`t remember.   Now I could see why with this because my surname was Seymour but I`m happy with SeeBass despite the poor connection.

Little Shop Of Horrors.

From an interview with Andy Dorman - who runs the Dons Edinburgh centre;

Liam O'Riordan, a cousin of the Celtic striker, and Connor Devanney are with our Under-17 team and we have really high hopes for both of them.

Think they signed up from Hutchie Vale.

SeeBass - called that for 14/15 years - so you were called that before Dumb aand Dumber came out! :o

Steems,

You know what I mean!  I`ve been left the school nearly 11 years now and got the tag well before I went into 5th year which would add another two years on. 

Maybe I can be the kid`s sponsor if he makes the senior squad! 

One thing I forgot to add in my original post is that Connor said he played midfield, trained in Glasgow and his coach was Neil Simpson and they had a game up in Inverness that coming Sunday.