Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Can we afford to play Foster on Saturday?

So far this season Foster has looked out of place at rightback (well not surprising as he is not a defender, but a midfielder) and Saturday will see him put up against Kenny Miller. At the Scotland game last night Miller did well but the Irish right back was able to contain him to an extent and the balls played in were pretty harmless. I'm worried going on his performance last Saturday at Fir Park, Kenny Miller will dance round him and be able to play in balls with ease or be able to have a pop at target. I suppose it depends on what formation we play 5-3-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 5-4-1, 3-2-1-1-2-1-1 etc.

I'm just fretting after last night!  :-\

The one thing Foster's got is pace and that should be enough to deal with Miller. If Miller gets in behind the defence, Foster may be one of the only defenders in the SPL who has the speed to get back and cover him. Miller's a headless chicken who for some reason manages to get away with it at international level.

Agreed, miller is a pain in the arse but is usually caught out when up against someone he cant outpace.

What makes you think he'll even be playing for them anyway Mizer he's hardly a stick on for them is he and why would he be playin at left wing? ???::):hammer:

We had this discussion on the train back yesterday as Miller was running into the space Ricky has been occupying in the first two games.

I'm just fretting after last night!  :-\

Wednesday has no consequence on tomorrow as far as Miller and Foster go. Miller is pish. He can run, that's about it, pops up with the odd goal, but then so does Darren Mackie. If you're going to start "fretting" over Kenny Miller I suggest you get out more, there are more dangerous players we'll face in the course of a season, by which point you'll have given yourself an ulcer with all your fretting.

Don't worry about it, it'll be fine.  :thumbsup:

Wednesday has no consequence on tomorrow as far as Miller and Foster go. Miller is pish. He can run, that's about it, pops up with the odd goal, but then so does Darren Mackie. If you're going to start "fretting" over Kenny Miller I suggest you get out more, there are more dangerous players we'll face in the course of a season, by which point you'll have given yourself an ulcer with all your fretting.

Don't worry about it, it'll be fine.  :thumbsup:

I'd agree with that, though I do think Miller will score against us on Saturday. Read today he's gone some 880 mins without scoring! That was worse than Hivs!

Seems now Aberdeen have not been able to examine Mulgrews injury until this morning as the U21 squad did not arrive back (in Glasgow) until 10pm last night as they never hired a charter and flew all over Europe on scheduled flights to get home!!