Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Brewster

Guest At The Border Guy

Guest At The Border Guy

Signed up for another 6 months according to afc.co.uk. 

Think I've been less hard on him that most - He's looked ok when brought on as a sub (One of the few forward players we have with a first touch!), but think this is pushing it a bit.

Think I've been less hard on him that most - He's looked ok when brought on as a sub (One of the few forward players we have with a first touch!), but think this is pushing it a bit.

this is just so we can get a fee for him when he f*cks off to manage another club.

Good bit of business in that light methinks

It's a "gentleman's agreement" at the minute apparently  :-\

I'd rather the wages were used on someone else to be honest, I don't think Brewster offers much except an experienced head in the dressing room, and if thats the case we should try and get him as a coach or something instead.

Guest Donslegend

Aberdeen striker Craig Brewster has verbally agreed a six-month contract extension with the Dons.

Brewster, 40, will remain at Pittodrie until the end of the year unless he receives a suitable coaching offer.

"Craig has decided that he is going to stay with the club for a further six months," Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood told the club website.

"I don't think anything has been signed and sealed but he has certainly agreed to it when we had a chat."

The former Inverness and Dundee United manager will turn 41 in December, but Calderwood said he had no concerns over his fitness.

"He might have been slightly worried about his own level of fitness but that was never an issue for me," said Calderwood.

"If he did decide to go away and take a coaching job it would be a simple handshake, there wouldn't need to be any sort of 'get-out' clause."

FROM BBC sport

So we aren't even going to look for a potential small fee!  Thats crap, what if we have injury worries or our strikers aren't performing??? 

...And pish when he's started games. As long as he's only going to be an impact sub/old head to keep things calm when we're 3 up, him and the fans should get on just fine.