Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen lose to ICT...again

Reserve FT Score

Full Time Score From Glebe Park

Aberdeen 1 (Mackie 27)

Inverness 2 (McAllister 19, Wood 55)

An experienced Aberdeen side ::) went down to a youthful Inverness side :o at Glebe Park this afternoon. Tommy Wright pulled on a Dons shirt for the first time and lasted 80minutes, as he tried to impress the on looking manager.

Ex-Aberdeen striker Rory McAllister :hammer:, who impressed throughout, gave Inverness the lead after 19 minutes with a stunning goal, although the Aberdeen defence should have done better >:D.

Aberdeen drew level with a Darren Mackie :thumbsup: strike after 27 minutes and there was no further scoring in the first half.

Inverness retook the lead through Garry Wood after 55 minutes.

The Dons pushed for an equaliser with Derek Young coming the closest. His free kick in the dying seconds produced an excellent save from Ryan Esson. ::)

There was an injury scare for Zander Diamond :o but thankfully the defender recovered after treatment and lasted the full 90 minutes and looks likely to come into contention for a staring place at Fir Park on Saturday <is there a "phew" smiley?>.

Match Pictures, Full Match Report and RedTV to follow.

Aberdeen: Bossu,  Crawford,  S Smith,  Stewart,  Diamond, Mair, Pawlett (Carroll 30),  Young, Wright (Clark 80), Mackie, Duff.

Subs: Bateman, Ross, Gallacher

7 or 8 of our side will feature more often than not in the first team this season and worrying they lose to Inverness youths!!

???

Okay, let's say that (including a couple of cup runs) we play 45 games this season. "More often than not" would mean they start 23 games for us this term.

Name the 8 players from that team that will play 23 games for us this season.

???

Okay, let's say that (including a couple of cup runs) we play 45 games this season. "More often than not" would mean they start 23 games for us this term.

1) Bossu will be on bench every game unless Langfield gets inured.

2-5) Diamond, Duff, Mackie and Young did it last season

6) Wright will undoubtedly feature either from start or from bench every week.

7) Mair will be on bench every week and may play a fair bit too if injuries kick in.  He did last season and played 24 games.

8-11) Young lads Smith, Pawlett, Stewart and Crawford all in first team squad and at least 1 will be on the bench each week with U21 rule in effect.

It's reserves though.

Generally guys won't push as much in reserve games as they do in first team, so I wouldn't worry too much about the result. In a way, reserve games are much like friendlies - can give guys a chance to get back fitness - like Wright - and just give a run out to others.

Losing a reserve game, regardless of who was playing, or the opposition is a 'meh' moment as far as I'm concerned.

1) Bossu will be on bench every game unless Langfield gets inured.

2-5) Diamond, Duff, Mackie and Young did it last season

6) Wright will undoubtedly feature either from start or from bench every week.

7) Mair will be on bench every week and may play a fair bit too if injuries kick in.  He did last season and played 24 games.

8-11) Young lads Smith, Pawlett, Stewart and Strachan all in first team squad and at least 1 will be on the bench each week with U21 rule in effect.

:lolabove:

Are you seriously telling me that you were counting those who will sit on the bench as "featuring in the first team"?

In which case, what's your point? Diamond aside, they are fringe players. Only Diamond is a first-team mainstay, and this match was about him getting fitness after injury so the score is irrelevant.

Keep your "We're doomed!!" sensationalism for the Hat and the mailing list.

:lolabove:

Are you seriously telling me that you were counting those who will sit on the bench as "featuring in the first team"?

In which case, what's your point? Diamond aside, they are fringe players. Only Diamond is a first-team mainstay, and this match was about him getting fitness after injury so the score is irrelevant.

Keep your "We're doomed!!" sensationalism for the Hat and the mailing list.

1) What would you call it?  Not involved with first team?

2) And who has mentioned we are doomed?  Just said bit worrying that 11 first team squad players lost to Inverness youths. 

3) If the rest are just fringe players then we have just 12 regulars in total - the 11 from Saturday and Diamond.  Young played 35 times last season, Mackie 26 and was injured for large part of season and Mair even managed 24.  Duff played exactly half the games after he signed aswell.  You think Wright will be just a squad player?

4) I will say what i like.  Who are you to tell folk what to say and not to say?

1) What would you call it?  Not involved with first team?

2) And who has mentioned we are doomed?  Just said bit worrying that 11 first team squad players lost to Inverness youths. 

3) If the rest are just fringe players then we have just 12 regulars in total - the 11 from Saturday and Diamond.  Young played 35 times last season, Mackie 26 and was injured for large part of season and Mair even managed 24.  Duff played exactly half the games after he signed aswell.  You think Wright will be just a squad player?

4) I will say what i like.  Who are you to tell folk what to say and not to say?

Oh no! You've booed me! How will I get over this humiliating catastrophe.  ::)

Did Young, Mackie, Mair or Duff start on Saturday? Diamond didn't because he's recovering from injury, but I repeat he's the only first team mainstay in that team so I won't be losing any sleep that the reserves lost.

Oh no! You've booed me! How will I get over this humiliating catastrophe.  ::)

Did Young, Mackie, Mair or Duff start on Saturday? Diamond didn't because he's recovering from injury, but I repeat he's the only first team mainstay in that team so I won't be losing any sleep that the reserves lost.

Neither will i.  This is a discussion forum and was discussing this.  Can't see why you are getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Neither will i.  This is a discussion forum and was discussing this.  Can't see why you are getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Now you're just contradicting yourself. You said:

7 or 8 of our side will feature more often than not in the first team this season and worrying they lose to Inverness youths!!

Yesterday you were worried, and today you're not.  ???

Rory McAllister is supposed to be a crackin talent for Caley. He was on the books of Aberdeen at one point.

He was released for attitude reasons though, nothing to do with his talent and I totally agree with the club on that one. Having to spend time out in the sticks obviously did him some good.

The poster said they would feature not that they would start. I would expect several of the players from  yesterdays reserve game to feature in at least 23 games this seasom - Diamond, Mair, Young, Wright, Mackie and Duff.

It's reserves though.

Generally guys won't push as much in reserve games as they do in first team, so I wouldn't worry too much about the result. In a way, reserve games are much like friendlies - can give guys a chance to get back fitness - like Wright - and just give a run out to others.

Losing a reserve game, regardless of who was playing, or the opposition is a 'meh' moment as far as I'm concerned.

If only that were true.