Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Inverness game - Worst Aberdeen Player Poll

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamie Smith, followed by Seve who is followed by Foster who has Maguire behind him.

You would be in the Edinburghdon camp as well then, he was incandescent about him on the phone last night. I think people were hoping he would be able to provide some creativity but obviously he did the exact opposite.

Not surprisingly i voted for smith, abortion of a performance considering just how good he can be. for a winger he spent far too much time in the centre circle, cant remember him taking on his man or even keeping the ball very often, and the lack of cover provided for mulgrew was criminal

Dis-honourable mention goes to foster who manages a surprisingly good byrne impression, devoid of talent.

(i could go on to add to the list of bad performances though!)

Foster by a country mile

Foster was shite, but if we're going to pick on him let's have a look at the bigger picture.  Why the hell is he playing at right back in the first place?  All we've done is sign a left back and move the problem to another part of the pitch.  Of course we can point the finger at Jimmy, it's been clear for many weeks that Maybury wasn't coming back, so why was there no urgency in trying to find a replacement before the season started?  Or better still, let's aim higher.  Jimmy should pick Stewart Milne to play at right back from now on, and he can run up and down the wing with the sound of abuse and booing in his ears.

Milne is far more deserving of such treatment in my opinion.

Picking on Foster for being shit is like having a go at the Down's Syndrome kid at school for coming out last in the spelling test. His manager has let him down big time by playing him out of position not for one or two games, but for an entire season (and probably two seasons, if we don't sign a RB pronto). How many players would put up with being totally mishandled, with the result being that they becomes the fans' scapegoat week in, week out?

Foster deserves some credit for not telling JC to shove his full back positions up his overweight, over-tanned arse, and at least giving his all in a position where most other players simply wouldn't bother at all.

The worst perforrmance - relative to capability - was Mark Kerr by a country mile. I hope to Christ that there is a hell of a lot more to come from him.

Picking on Foster for being shit is like having a go at the Down's Syndrome kid at school for coming out last in the spelling test. His manager has let him down big time by playing him out of position not for one or two games, but for an entire season (and probably two seasons, if we don't sign a RB pronto). How many players would put up with being totally mishandled, with the result being that they becomes the fans' scapegoat week in, week out?

Foster deserves some credit for not telling JC to shove his full back positions up his overweight, over-tanned arse, and at least giving his all in a position where most other players simply wouldn't bother at all.

The worst perforrmance - relative to capability - was Mark Kerr by a country mile. I hope to Christ that there is a hell of a lot more to come from him.

Foster probably doesnt say anything to him because he's just chuffed to be in the team.

Its plain for most to see he just isnt good enough. He shouldnt be the only one to take the fall for saturday though.

Chances are he knows he's lucky to be on the park at all and will take any position that's offered to him.  Being played out of position is one thing but not being able to pick out a red shirt to pass to is another.

It's worse than being a man down.

Chances are he knows he's lucky to be on the park at all and will take any position that's offered to him.  Being played out of position is one thing but not being able to pick out a red shirt to pass to is another.

It's worse than being a man down.

So having a go at him for seizing an opportunity the same way we all would is okay? It's his fault, is it? Worse than being a man down? Get a grip, FFS.

Kerr misplaced far more passes than Foster on Saturday. As a right back, it's not Foster's responsibility to be the playmaker for the team. He does most of the essentials in a basic manner. I lost count of the number of passes Kerr played straight to the opposition and straight out of play.

So having a go at him for seizing an opportunity the same way we all would is okay? It's his fault, is it? Worse than being a man down? Get a grip, FFS.

My answer was in response to:

How many players would put up with being totally mishandled, with the result being that they becomes the fans' scapegoat week in, week out?

Do you honestly believe that Foster is good enough to tell JC which position he's playing next weekend?

I'm not "having a go at him for seizing an opportunity the same way we all would" I'm saying (as I said before) - chances are he knows he's lucky to be on the park at all and will take any position that's offered to him.

Do you honestly believe that Foster is good enough to tell JC which position he's playing next weekend?

I'm not "having a go at him for seizing an opportunity the same way we all would" I'm saying (as I said before) - chances are he knows he's lucky to be on the park at all and will take any position that's offered to him.

No; and I don't believe I'm so stupid that I would ever make quite such a bizarre claim.

My point was rather that Foster is prepared to accept significant personal abuse from the support in order to help the team. Do you think it would be much fun to have your every pass heckled? Of course not. He has no right to tell JC where he's going to play, but equally JC has no right to make him play at LB/RB. Foster gets paid more than a living wage regardless of whether he plays or not. The fact that he plays despite getting significant abuse suggests a commitment to the team above self which appears sadly lacking in many of our other players.

Don't get me wrong; I don't think Foster is the kind of quality we should be aiming for, but the abuse the guy takes on here for not being a meritorious player in a position he dislikes is simply ridiculous sometimes.

Take one example: having Foster on the pitch is 'worse than being a man down'. Perhaps we should play with ten men and no RB whatsoever next week to test that proposition.

Sounds good to me.  That way the ball would run out for a throw in or goal kick for us rather than Foster keeping the ball in and then passing to one of their midfielders.

No, seriously.

:thumbsup:

My point was rather that Foster is prepared to accept significant personal abuse from the support in order to help the team. Do you think it would be much fun to have your every pass heckled? Of course not. He has no right to tell JC where he's going to play, but equally JC has no right to make him play at LB/RB. Foster gets paid more than a living wage regardless of whether he plays or not. The fact that he plays despite getting significant abuse suggests a commitment to the team above self which appears sadly lacking in many of our other players.

Players up and down the country get heckled every weekend and it's usually the same ones.  Some for annoying the away fans, some for disappointing home fans and some because of the size of their head, the colour of their hair or which church in Glasgow their Grandparents used to attend.  If Foster doesn't want heckled then all he has to do is keep it simple and pass to a red shirt like he did a couple seasons ago when he started to win people over.

It really is that simple.

This post is not in direct response to anyone else's but we win and lose collectively as a team and to argue about who was worst is futile.  All players make mistakes and some make ones that are more fatal than others.

Foster for example played three consecutive passes in the second half that went straight to an ICT player.  Criminal enough you may say, but where was the movement in front of him?  Point is, players will always make misplaced passes but it does kinda help if your team-mates are helping you out to give you an angle for that pass in the first place.  Smith and McDonald should both have been busting a gut to get 5 yards of space for a pass.  This for me is more criminal than any player "misplacing" a pass.  It's downright lazy.

Sounds good to me.  That way the ball would run out for a throw in or goal kick for us rather than Foster keeping the ball in and then passing to one of their midfielders.

No, seriously.

:thumbsup:

Players up and down the country get heckled every weekend and it's usually the same ones.  Some for annoying the away fans, some for disappointing home fans and some because of the size of their head, the colour of their hair or which church in Glasgow their Grandparents used to attend.  If Foster doesn't want heckled then all he has to do is keep it simple and pass to a red shirt like he did a couple seasons ago when he started to win people over.

It really is that simple.

But this is just another example of the hyperbole which surrounds Foster. You make it sound as if he never gets a single pass right, which again is ridiculous. He had a couple of misplaced passes on Saturday but overall, he cost us far less possession than Jamie Smith and Mark Kerr did.

People seriously need to start thinking about whether it makes more sense to get angry at the rusty scalpel being used to remove your tonsils, or at the surgeon who's chosen to use it in the first place.