Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lennon

Guest Dolly

'If only those sheepshaggers would shut up' as we were shouting 'Lennon Lennon get to fuck' when he was trying to make his speech. I'm told he made a 'get it up ye' gesture towards us too.

Unsurprisingly, it was called 'light hearted fun' in all the papers.

Still, it's up to him as a professional footballer to NOT react in those sorts of circumstances. It's this sort of reaction that got Gazza into trouble when he did the tin-flute gesture when warming up infront of the Celtic fans at Ibrox. They were baiting him, and he reacted.

Lennon is a fuckwit. He's a piss-poor excuse for a footballer who has simply survived at Celtic because of the quality of players around him helping to make him look good. I've lost count of the number of times he has lost possession against quality opposition in European games. He's shite, and he knows he is. But he also knows he's got away with it for so long.

If any other player said on a PA system "shut up, you sheep-shaggers", they'd be hauled infront of the SFA and disciplined accordingly. What makes this tatty-munching ginger gimp any different?

In fairness guys, I really don't see why we should have a problem with what he says. We call ourselves Sheep Shaggers! We were also giving him some naughty chants, you can't expect him not to have a go at us. I'm sure we wouldn't at all be appalled if, for talks sake, Russell Anderson tried to say cheerio to us on sunday and the huns sang all the way through it. Would any of us have a problem with Anderson telling the orange bastards to shut the fuck up? I wouldn't.

The outrage about a footballer swearing at supporters when they're telling that player to "get to fuck" is extremely ill-placed, no matter how much of a little shit Lennon is.

Guest Dolly

I see your point, but I like to think that Anderson is a dignified man and would keep his cool and be professional.  Attributes that Lennon is clearly incapable of.

Guest At The Border Guy

I think Lennon is an arse, but this seemed to be good-natured banter.  I'd prefer it if the Dons kept quiet and avoided whinging about it.  I live in Edinburgh and nothing wins a football argument with a paranoid Jambo more than supporting a team with the moral highground.  ;D

Good to see he goes out with his lovely orange head held high. He truly is an ambassador for the sport and a great role model for the young to admire and look upto. It's such a shame that we won't be blessed with his remarkable skill and visionary passing next season. He has proven to be a truly great sportsman and natural athlete. The SPL will be a pale imitation without his presence.

::)

Guest Donslegend

I have hated neil lennon ever since i first saw him.  He has the looks of a total dobber, the kind of face you just want to hit over and over again.  Thank god he is going, and NO its not cause he is a 'good footballer' i'd rather have Seve than him ANY day.  The sooner he gets the fuck out the country the better, the SPL and Scotland will be better without another 'has been' and buckie drinking Fud.  He really should realise No one will give a fuck about him in 5 years time and he will be struggling to get laid cause by then his face will look more like sloths from the goonies once a few more wrinkles set in!

this legend status that the media have givin lennon now that he is leaving celtic is beyond me the guy is a complete wanker who cant control his temper and does nothing but moan, any other teams player would be in front of the sfa for that.

billy dodds and gordon strachan tried to justify lennons attitude on radio scotland by claiming he's the way he is because he just wants to win. so would i be right in saying if you want to win you can be an arsehole.

this legend status that the media have givin lennon now that he is leaving celtic is beyond me the guy is a complete wanker who cant control his temper and does nothing but moan, any other teams player would be in front of the sfa for that.

billy dodds and gordon strachan tried to justify lennons attitude on radio scotland by claiming he's the way he is because he just wants to win. so would i be right in saying if you want to win you can be an arsehole.

WTF has Dodds done to be soooo highly regarded?

Was it his time as a star forward at Dundee, Utd, St Johnstone, Aberdeen.............................

..................or is it the weejie-(no-west-coast-bias-here)-media fawning over another useless ex-hun (I cite Dave MacPherson as further evidence)