Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Inverurie v Aberdeen

Tickets have been selling at a fast rate over course of today and the last update around an hour ago was that less than 500 remain.

Bearing in mind the ground capacity of 2300 it now looks certain that the game will be a sell out, which was as anticipated.

The last remaining tickets will now go on general sale at the ground at 6pm tonight. 

Glad jute never persuaded me to drive up otherwise we may have nae got in.

Since thats where i stay i went.

Was Craig "Rossco" Ross' testimonial but locos never really threatened. Only chant like thing was Lets all laugh at rangers sung by 5 people at most including myself. Was really just a run around. Paton was probably our best player till he was taken off. Missed the second goal as was reading out to a hun the match report of the Rangers v Hearts 3rd team game that was on my phones internet. Nothing else really that can be said about it other than Duff was pish - Duff by name Duff by nature

It’s three cheers for Aberdeen manager Calderwood

By Paul SMith

Published: 06/08/2008

Zander Diamond, Derek Young and Mark Kerr provided Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood with a huge bonus last night when they cruised through the final pre-season match at Inverurie.

The Dons won 2-0 in the testimonial for Locos stalwart Craig Ross courtesy of a first-half Michael Paton strike and Sammy Stewart's effort after the break.

The main focus was on the trio who had been major doubts for Saturday's SPL opener against Inverness due to injury and illness.

All three played for around one hour in a comfortable win against the Highland League side, played in front of a capacity crowd of 2,301.

Calderwood said: “The plan was always to give Zander, Derek and Mark a decent run out and they all came through that well.

“It means we now look to be going into the first match of the season with a full squad to choose from and I can't ask for any more than that.

“The match was also a good workout for our younger players and there were some good performances. It was good exercise to finish off pre-season."

Diamond has not played since the match against Brechin on July 21 when he limped off after suffering a foot injury. He showed no signs of that problem in last night's match, captaining a young Dons side and producing a typically wholehearted display.

Calderwood had feared Diamond would miss the start of the competitive action but he is now available to take his place at the heart of the defence. Young, who has been suffering from a virus, also returned to action and led the line well for Aberdeen to push himself into contention for a place in the side for the weekend game against Caley Thistle at Pittodrie.

Kerr, who had been causing concern after picking up a knock during the training camp in Holland, also came through unscathed as Calderwood's plans for Saturday begin to fall into place. Darren Mackie is the only other player in the doubtful category for the Dons but he will be given the chance to prove his fitness in the next three days.

Calderwood said: “Darren has a rib injury and has been restricted to running rather than contact in training. The players have Wednesday off and, with an extra day of rest, I would think Darren will be ready in time for the weekend."

The only down side for the Dons was the withdrawal of promising winger Peter Pawlett through injury but he is expected to make a swift return to training.

Was a pretty dull game both the goasl were decent though. Duff was crap on a couple of aoccasions running down the wing he took one look at one of there big defenders and either bottled a challenge or turned back the way. Mark Kerr concerns me slightly as well he seems to have a nasty habit of losing the ball easily in the middle of the park, I've noticed this every time I've seen him play.

Highlight of the night was when one of our fans let Zander know Rangers lost and Zander was pleased. :thumbsup:

“It means we now look to be going into the first match of the season with a full squad to choose from and I can't ask for any more than that.

When was the last time we could say that?

Last season.*

;D

* That's assuming that you agree with me that Ritchie Byrne isn't really a professional footballer and therefore shouldn't be included in our deliberations.