Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Supporters Club's Response to OF Tax

As far as I'm aware the Association of AFC Supporters Clubs no longer exists but perhaps all Supporters Clubs should get together to put their views to afc on this, either in person or in writing, and release it as a press statement/open letter.

I'm not sure afc will pay much attention but perhaps it would get more of a response than the 100s of emails that are getting fired off to feedback@afc.co.uk

Well I was bored so i sent one

I dont know about anyone else but I am going to boycott all home and away matches with the old firm from now on.

I know financially this will probably hurt the club and on the field it might even hurt the team (Ill let the GUASC decide that) but If I do it then maybe a few more will and so on.

Personally I think that this press release yer talking about should not just include Aberdeen fans.

Id personally would like a link up with fans of the other 9 clubs and see if a mass boycott can be organised.

I know financially this will probably hurt the club and on the field it might even hurt the team (Ill let the GUASC decide that) but If I do it then maybe a few more will and so on.see if a mass boycott can be organised.

So why do it?  ???

So why do it?  ???

I see it as if me and a few thousand more fans of all clubs start boycotting games then the clubs might actually start to see how much money they make from us and actually start taking our opinions seriously

At the moment they dont care because TV money is the most important cash cow for them which is why we ended up with monday night football and in the past, 605pm sunday kick offs.

But TV money without the fan revenue suddeny isnt as much.

Im only one person but frankly I can use the £100-150 a year i spend going to matches against the old firm on better things.

The bigger picture.

Which is?  Why hurt the club when the people who should be standing up for them, the SPL and the SFA, get away scot-free?  They're the ones who should be telling the Old Firm that their proposals are not 'cricket'.  Hurt them, not your club.

Fucking shite, should the SPL be standing up to afc then who charge all of us 5% "tax" any time we book tickets over the phone.

Club are robbing us blind with booking fee's that is a problem that actually effects us so why not start moaning about that first  :hammer:

Fucking shite, should the SPL be standing up to afc then who charge all of us 5% "tax" any time we book tickets over the phone.

Club are robbing us blind with booking fee's that is a problem that actually effects us so why not start moaning about that first  :hammer:

rangers and celtic aren't "robbing" our fans, or even their fans, they are taking money direct from our club.

Anyway I have sent an email to all Supporters Clubs that I have contact details for.

Boycotting games against the old firm is fine in principle, well away games is, home games is just silly.

However, Rangers will still have a gate of 50,000 and Celtic 60,000 so do you really think they will mind if we dont turn up? Our players will lose tha backing of the fans and that may force the club to sit up and take notice but its all a pipe dream i'm afraid.

Not saying everyone has to do it but I shall be

I get the impression everytime the club comes out with suggestions like giving the entire south stand to the old firm that they value the old firm fans more than the home fans.

I will quite happily attend all other games against the 9 'real' spl clubs for I dont object to them recieving a percentage of my cash since they are in the same boat as us.

Until the fans start reacting then it will continue. I already object to rangers and celtic fans smashing up away sections thoughout the SPL and then having the gall to charge £27 for a seat that doesnt exist behind a pillar at their own stadiums.

This whole 'if wont bother them if we boycott the away games as they get their fans in no matter what' attitude isnt the point. 1,000,000 marching on London in protest against the Iraq war didnt stop it but it didnt half put the message out there that the UK Government didnt have the backing of the entire country.

A few matches down the line with no away fans will get the press wheels going and show that the fans actually have the bottle to say 'fuck you'

In fact I implore all fans to hold on to their cash and use it pack out pittodrie and away sections of tannadice, tynecastle, Douglas Park etc for non old firm games.

We all know that in the current financial climate only the old firm will win the SPL so boycott matches against them.

I know this will never happen but frankly i think it would be the best thing that ever happened to scottish football.

the fans of the real 10 all turning their backs on the old firm  and just supporting each other.

Away fans are essential to a games atmosphere. Sooner or later the old firm fans would start to complain that no one wants to play with them.

lets put this another way

tomorrow its announced that a bunch of parents have gone to government and demanded a 5% cut in their taxes so that they will actuallty take responsibility for the way their kids behave. Otherwise they will simply take no responsibility for their kids assaulting members of the public, stealing cars, vandalism etc etc and it will be up to the police and the government to deal with them.

The whole country would be up in arms!

No one would say 'ah theres no point doing anything as they have us over a barrel'

Rangers and celtic fans have continuously vandalised away sections and the clubs receive no compensation for this (Rugby park when celtic won the title there 2 seasons back springs to mind). However if we actually give them 'protection' money they might actually do something about it (Ill believe that when i see it). These are clubs who in some cases dont even provide seats for away fans?

And yet people are saying 'ah what can we do?'