Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

afc tv advert

Are you using Firefox? Because it didn't work for me, then I switched to media player and it played, albeit it jumped a lot. Good from what I could see though!

I am using FF. But didn't work when I tried in IE or when I opened the link in Media Player. :hammer:

There was talk on DonsMad about the voice over being English, and how that was alienating for Dons fans who are, after all, primarily not English.

Sounded like a very typical neutral to English accent, with the sort of manly gravity that you get in most voiceovers, like in movie trailers.

"In a WORLD where....." sort of thing.

Would have preferred Willie Miller to some pretend Don LaFontaine, but whatever.... at least it shows they're trying...

There was talk on DonsMad about the voice over being English, and how that was alienating for Dons fans who are, after all, primarily not English.

Sounded like a very typical neutral to English accent, with the sort of manly gravity that you get in most voiceovers, like in movie trailers.

"In a WORLD where....." sort of thing.

Would have preferred Willie Miller to some pretend Don LaFontaine, but whatever.... at least it shows they're trying...

I have to say I did notice his accent, it wouldn't bother me, but I rememember being in a car with a mate when Northsound 1 was on and the dj was English. I remember him being disgusted that an English DJ was on Northsound instead of an Aberdonian one. I could see the voice over pissing him off.

This advert is an embarrassing piece of cheap shit. Basically says if you’re an 'ugly inbred simpleton' then you must support AFC. Is this meant to encourage me to part with my hard earned cash for a season ticket? Because it just makes me cringe.

Isn't it better to be an ugly inbred simpleton Dons fan, than an ugly inbred simpleton fan of anyone else?

Guest swaddon

I don't blame AFC for trying to tap into the lucrative ugly inbred simpleton market. Anything that persuades North-East based football fans away from the Old Firm can only be a good thing.

This video is doing my fuckin head in. I click on play, wait for about a minute, then it plays the first four seconds nice ans smoothly. The rest of it, though, is just still-shots but with sound. Been trying for half an hour to get this to work. My connection speed ain't the issue. And the version of IE I'm using ain't a problem either.

Anyone downloaded the video yet? Anyone got an alternative download link so that I can actually watch it?

This video is doing my fuckin head in. I click on play, wait for about a minute, then it plays the first four seconds nice ans smoothly. The rest of it, though, is just still-shots but with sound. Been trying for half an hour to get this to work. My connection speed ain't the issue. And the version of IE I'm using ain't a problem either.

Anyone downloaded the video yet? Anyone got an alternative download link so that I can actually watch it?

I had the same problem, bloody annoying!