Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

What Other Fans Think...

Having been in the pub with a couple of fans of other teams tonight, everyone that was there thinks that we've got third place sewn up this year and possibly even challenging for second.

???

Everyone seems to rate Kerr and they think the European experience of last season will have brought our players on and reckon we'll do the damage next year.

Anyone else had any chats about our club with the enemy?

I think Hearts will be in the mix for third too. There was nothing separating us from them last season yet we finished fourth and they came eighth. Now they have a manager, they will be back up the table.

Personally I don't think Utd will be in the top four, they will struggle to replace Kerr, Robson and Hunt. It'll be Hearts, Motherwell and (fingers crossed) us in the battle for European places.

I think Hearts will be in the mix for third too. There was nothing separating us from them last season yet we finished fourth and they came eighth. Now they have a manager, they will be back up the table.

Personally I don't think Utd will be in the top four, they will struggle to replace Kerr, Robson and Hunt. It'll be Hearts, Motherwell and (fingers crossed) us in the battle for European places.

I also think that Hearts won't be nearly as bad but really, Hearts were bloody awful last season despite giving us a pumping.

Cant see anyone else being in for 3rd than us and utd.  Im relatively optimistic about the upcoming season, we've brought in some good players in kerr and mulgrew and i fancy bebo to make some big strides forward this season. Bn is obviously a loss as is maybury but aside from that we're in pretty good shape for next week.  The only concern i have is the lack of strength in depth at the back.  If we lose zander for any length of time we're a bit fucked.  What i wouldnt give to have anderson back!!!!!!

I aslo think this Hungarian dude at Hearts may actually know what he is doing. It could be an entertaining battle for 3rd this season. Fuck the Old Firm.

Romanian is he not? But i completely agree, I think things will be better swinecastle way this season :(

I don't really care what other fans think.

My sentiments exactly.

9 times out of 10 they "think", "Yous are aw sheepshagger an yous ur gonnae get humped. Baaaaaaa".

And while some might find that a particularly fascinating opinion to take on board, I'm not much interested in hearing their shite at all.

To be honest... barring any major injuries to key players.  I reckon we're a centre-half, right-back and another striker away from a squad that would be a stick-on for third place.

However, with our defence the way it currently stands, we could quite easily find ourselves in the bottom 6.

not other fans but the Herald today predicts a final table that looks like this:

Celtic

Rangers

Dundee United

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Hearts

Falkirk

Hibs

Kilmarnock

Inverness CT

St Mirren

Hamilton

Actually a pretty good article about Aberdeen, which reads very much like it has been written by an Aberdeen fan rather than some regular journalist.

TBH i'm really looking for Aberdeen to finally get some silverware. A coca-cola win in 94-95? is my only lasting memory of us actually winning something. I was at the QotS game and at the end of the game that was our season finished. I would hate the same to happen this season because really Aberdeen should be in Europe. Speaking to a hibs fan the other day he said they are a better side and were a better side last season. BS to that. Although there is lot of people who believe Scumdee and Hibs are better. Nice to see the final standings proving that point last season. Morons.

Speaking to a hibs fan the other day he said they are a better side and were a better side last season.

why is it they see themselves as better yet we finished above them?

the end of season table says it all. We hammered Copenhagen, yet they beat Man U the season before, does this make us better than Man U? i don't think so. Last season was actually a very good one for Aberdeen, and tho we didin't play particularly attractive football at times we were better than Hibs, Hearts and Utd

Actually a pretty good article about Aberdeen, which reads very much like it has been written by an Aberdeen fan rather than some regular journalist.

Indeed - i particularly liked the mention of people being good to have in the dressing room, and the intimation that some of Calderwood's selections are determined by methods outwith his control...