Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

FC Zwolle v Aberdeen

Aberdeen play the second match of their pre-seaon tour to Holland against FC Zwolle in Nieuleusen. Kick off is at 14:30. After a comfortable victory over amatuer side DZC 68, Jimmy Calderwood knows it will be a far sterner test tomorrow against Dutch second-tier outfit FC Zwolle.

He told RedTV "It will be a much more difficult test for us than Thursday night. They are always in either of the top two divisions in Holland. I actually started my career as an assistant manager there. They are a great club. They were unlucky last year, I think they got beat in the play-offs to get promotion so it certainly will be a step up in class. They are always a good footballing side. We know how good the Dutch are at keeping the ball so it will be a big test for us but one I am looking forward to.

Dons midfielder Jeffrey de Visscher is doubtful for the match and youngster Peter Pawlett is also struggling with a slight groin strain."Jeffrey got a dead leg on Thursday night but I don't think it is anything to  serious. Peter Pawlett also got a sore one so we will have to see how he is. But I don't think any of them including the trialist Lecsinel, I don't think it will be too long before they are back.

Although it is unlikely Zander Diamond will take part in any of the games in Holland Jimmy expects him be fit for the start of the season but is concerned Stuart Duff's knee problem could be more serious than first thought. "Zander is coming along fine. We will have to see how it goes but at the moment the injury is coming along ok. We are a bit worried about Stuart Duff, more so than Zander at this moment in time."

Meanwhile, Dutch striker Cyon Camero joined up with the team today for a week's trial. The 19-year-old FC Zutphen player spent a week at Pittodrie ealier in the year. "Camero is just back from a holiday and flying in on Friday night so I don't think we will do much with him on Saturday. We will see what numbers are like on Sunday. I might put him on the bench but he will certainly get a run out at some point later in the week."

Probable line up -

Langfield, Mair, Mulgrew, Kerr, Considine, Severin, Foster, McDonald, Miller, Mackie, J Smith.

Will be interesting to see how we get on against better opposition.

We're playing 352 formation:

Langfield

Mair

Severin

Considine

Foster

J Smith

Kerr

McDonald

Mulgrew

Miller

Mackie

The boy Lecsinel has been sent home for being unfit and has been replaced on the bench by Sefanja Davids.