Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Happy birthday Bandy!!

i see in the "birthdays" section big Jim Leighton is 50 today.

one of our best ever keepers.......... but i don't rate him at seeing talent in other keepers

Well, I dunno. When Preece arrived, he was shockingly poor. But by the time he left, he was a pretty decent keeper. Esson was and still is shit. But one thing that he has developed well over the years is his ability as an effective shot-stopper.

Leighton couldn't do anything with Kjaer, cos lets face it Kjaer is the best keeper we've had since the Bandy retired. But all the other keepers have learned a shit-load from Scotland's Number 1

too young to remember Leighton in his 'prime' - Theo was always a hero til me, til he went to the dark-side.......

Saw Leighton in Cafe Continental when i was 10 and out for my lunch with my ma, so wandered over and got an autograph (though he, probably quite rightly, looked pissed aff at getting interrupted when out with his family).... spurred on by my bravery in approaching him, by the time i had got him to write out an autograph for me, a queue of about 15 other kids had formed!

fair play to him, he signed them all............ though rather grumpily!

Guest swaddon

Anyone that says Goram is the best goalkeeper Scotland produced (and there are a few who say that) obviously needs their heid examined.

Theo was better than Leighton by quite a way IMO (Better reflexes, shotstopping, catching, kicking).  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that in his prime at Todders, he was the best keeper playing in Britain.

Have to disagree.  Theo was probably "technically" better, but as far as reflexes go, I've never seen anyone better than Leighton.  I loved Theo, he was a truly wonderful goalkeeper, but Leighton's reflexes were remarkable, and that's why he edges it for me.

Have to disagree.  Theo was probably "technically" better, but as far as reflexes go, I've never seen anyone better than Leighton.  I loved Theo, he was a truly wonderful goalkeeper, but Leighton's reflexes were remarkable, and that's why he edges it for me.

And let's not forget that Leighton's bottle was never in question  :thumbsup: